Pekin Duck Club!

One and a half weeks old, this I Bowie.

Humidity was set at 55%. I set the eggs yesterday and this morning it was down to 30%. Any tips on how to keep it steady?

Only to keep refilling it. Through a small hose if you got. Otherwise open it for that short moment. This won't hurt anything. I usually rest them starting at two weeks and gotta refill every other day.

My babies are hatching! I've got 5 out of 10 so far! They are perfect little things! Will post pics when they can come out!

Awesome, can't wait to see pics. What do you keep your humidity at for incubation and lockdown....looks like you know what your doing.

Awesome, can't wait to see pics. What do you keep your humidity at for incubation and lockdown....looks like you know what your doing.

I have no idea what I'm doing. I seeked help earlier on this thread. I kept my humidity as close to 50% during & on lockdown I bumped it to 70%. Which of course the chicks kept raising it for me :).

Here they are! 7 perfect ducklings! I set these eggs from my Pekin pair (Ferdinand & Abigail). I set 10 eggs, 7 have hatched, 1 is still trying hard & 2 stopped developing :(. Breaks my heart that they was so close to hatch! Poor babies!

Here they are! 7 perfect ducklings! I set these eggs from my Pekin pair (Ferdinand & Abigail). I set 10 eggs, 7 have hatched, 1 is still trying hard & 2 stopped developing :(. Breaks my heart that they was so close to hatch! Poor babies!

Congrats, that a good hatch rate! Be prepared to help that egg that's trying, it should be ready and not be to hard to assist. I set 6 eggs on Friday, hoping for at least 3...lol let us know what happens with your last duck egg.

Back
Top Bottom