Pekin Duck Club!

OK I have to ask, how do you call ducks.... Do you quack use a call or say here duckie duckie?

I just talk to them I usually don't have to do no more than walk out my back door and my 24 chickens and 4 ducks all come running afraid they might miss something. But at night the chickens go in but the ducks usually hang out longer so when I come out to put them to bed I just say " come on its bed time"and they will go in but when its a nice night they like to play longer just like kids. I don't have a special call for any of the flock they just all know me.

I just talk to them I usually don't have to do no more than walk out my back door and my 24 chickens and 4 ducks all come running afraid they might miss something. But at night the chickens go in but the ducks usually hang out longer so when I come out to put them to bed I just say " come on its bed time"and they will go in but when its a nice night they like to play longer just like kids. I don't have a special call for any of the flock they just all know me.
I wish my chickens would do that! They will stay out as late as possible, and if I try to put them away, most of them will, except this little polish hen who will run in circles trying to escape.

It is nice to have them all train to go in especially the nights I don't make it home until after dark. At first I would worry and come home and go in the coop with a flashlight to do head count but now I just close it up cause they all know where to go even the new two month old chicks. It makes it easy for if I go out of town and need someone else to look after them.

My babies. 2 weeks old. They're so big already!!!
This is Webster.

This is Puddles.

Names pending gender. Lol!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom