Pekin Duck Club!

I have 7 ducks. 3 male Pekins, 3 female Pekins, 1 female Jumbo Pekin, and 1 khaki cambell. One of the Pekin girls is sitting on eggs. All but the kc are rescues.

Well I did it. I just purchased "The Story of Ping" I can't wait to read it to my grandamils!
lau.gif
Seeing as both of my boys have told me they'll be no grand kids from them. Girls are to pricey! I should know, my 6 Americana's have turned into 13 chickens (and counting!) and my 2 pekin ducks! I wonder why they decided to name them that! Guess I'll have to do some research.
caf.gif
How fun! You should try and get a picture of you reading to your duckies :)
What can you guys tell me about duck diapers? Who uses them? Where did you get them? Worth the investment?
As a house duck, Soleil has to wear diapers when she is running around. It helps so much with the mess hah. For the outdoor flock I recommend getting atleast getting an emergency diaper for times one needs to come in. http://www.etsy.com/listing/107115694/emergency-diaper-harness-for-pet-ducks (There are different types of harnesses here)

Soleil loves to dress up in her harnesses from Feathered Fashions (fashionmyfeathers.com)

So Sorry Chickiemommie. I had to have animal control remove a neighbor dog after he ignored my warning. We don't talk anymore. I didn't lose the whole coop, though.
Look who ventured outside today!

They are ignoring their new pool. I was told they can't get in it and should bury it. However I also heard chickens can drown in it. What to do?
WOW I don't know how you slipped by me! How are the duckies? Pics? Names?

Sam-I-Am the pirate duck.
love.gif
So cute! Careful though, I did this with Soleil and now I have a 7lbs big girl trying to get on my shoulder all day hah

I took Soleil fishing this weekend at Eleven Mile Resevoir in Lake George, Colorado. She had so much fun, even though we didn't catch anything there.

Afterwards we stopped at the Lone Duck Campground in Cascade where Soleil made a new friend named Wally
love.gif

Thanks everyone for all the concern. The human and fur family is ok. Thankfully we did not loose the house only the one wall was damaged and the only side effect for the humans was raw lungs for a few days from the smoke and I burnt my hands a little putting out the fire. It was outside of my bedroom where we had the temporary coop. We are not sure but we think someone set it on fire, our neighbors are unfortunately unsavory people we think they messed with the coop and knocked the heatlamp down and since it was a highly flamable item (coated in flamable sealant, which we did not realize at the time) it burnt to the ground in about an hour.
That is crazy! I wouldn't be surprised if my neighbor tried something like that someday. He hates my ducks and chickens and is doing everything he can to make us get rid of them.

What can you guys tell me about duck diapers? Who uses them? Where did you get them? Worth the investment?
This is where I got mine... http://www.chickensaddlesanddiapers.webs.com/
My ducks are all outside but we used them when they were too big to be in a brooder anymore but it was the middle of winter and we couldn't quite put them outside. It was fun having them be able to wander around the house a bit. I now keep them for emergencies, in case I ever need to keep on in the house due to injury, etc.

I took Soleil fishing this weekend at Eleven Mile Resevoir in Lake George, Colorado. She had so much fun, even though we didn't catch anything there.

Afterwards we stopped at the Lone Duck Campground in Cascade where Soleil made a new friend named Wally
love.gif
That is sooo cool!

************** PEKIN DUCK CLUB MEMBERS LIST ***************

Ace243

animalfreak- Bonnie & Clyde

animallover2202

AmberRex- Harvey, Ellen, Bubbles, Pebbles, Bath, Waddle, Splash and the Loudly 9 Ducklings

Apyl- Po, Ducky Mo Mo, Axel

aStalkerNearYou- Launchpad McQuack and Princess FluffyButt

BarredRockGirls- Charlotte,Webber & Cookie

Bill B

bindy003- Daisy, Daphinie and Donald

Blondiega1- Tweety, Taz, Jmatt, Ming Ming, Largo, Montego, Ginger, MaryAnn

bluemountaingal- Percy & Piper

bpendleton77- Wheezy and Waddles

briarpatchfarms

Brittany B

Caitlin2013- Aflac, Kelso, Pedro, and Bon Jovi

calmwinds- Aflac 2 & Twitty Bird