Pekin Duck Club!

Nice thread
smile.png
.. I ended up loveing my pekins! They were suppose to be for the freezer but there eggs were so awsome and there personality super funny. So now I got two pekin females and a cayuga Drake( who loves them and watches them very closely.
[/URL]
I have 7 mallards ( was 9 until a Eagle got 2 of them) and they were suppose to be for Thanksgiving but DH fell in love and gave them all a pardon lol. He says I cant butcher the babies either . My pekin and rouen/pekin mix were meant for eggs and breeding so the babies can grow to be butchers but again DH wont help me lol. He says the ducks are to cool but he'll butcher as many of my chickens as I need . Go figure.

Go another pekin egg this morning :) I've got 4 so far and plan to set them in the incubator Saturday .

Yay! Best wishes for a successful hatch! Please keep us updated :)
Nice thread
smile.png
.. I ended up loveing my pekins! They were suppose to be for the freezer but there eggs were so awsome and there personality super funny. So now I got two pekin females and a cayuga Drake( who loves them and watches them very closely.
Welcome! You have beautiful ducks :)

I would love to join this club of fellow Pekin lovers.
I have a male Pekin that's 3 years old named, 'Guy.' He's so sweet.
I took him to my mom's 1st grade class room to show him to the kids. They loved him!
My old science/math teacher, Mrs. Higgins, and I just ordered 20 fertile duck eggs; 4 of those eggs happen to be Pekins.
I'm so excited to get more lil Pekins to love!
ya.gif

The eggs are set to hatch on March 7th.
fl.gif

<< This is Guy, just chillin' in his pen.

That's good to know! I'm going to have to try Soleil with more foods. I've only encountered a few things she doesn't like... Apples (even applesauce) is a no for her hah. Thanks for sharing :)

Have you tried duck eggs before? My favorite is soft-boiled and quiche! They make a beautiful quiche :) I only have one duck too, but I have a big family that has been happy having her around. You should let us know when you start baking, maybe share a recipe or two for all these big beautiful egg!
I haven't. I've heard they are awesome for baking though. I'll for sure let you know. it's like an event countdown right now. We are creeping up on spring. :)

My Pekin has been so mad at me the last couple of days. It has been snowing and raining off and on and we left her in the coop with the chicken. She was so unhappy with us.

My Pekin gals favorite treat is cucumbers. She goes crazy for them. But she really likes almost anything.

Does anyones pekin's have you trained? Mine has trained me that when she wants in her tub of water she'll lay down next to it and squeek until i pick her up and put her in. Now, she can get in on her own... But I guess she prefers the royal treatment. ;)

Does anyones pekin's have you trained? Mine has trained me that when she wants in her tub of water she'll lay down next to it and squeek until i pick her up and put her in. Now, she can get in on her own... But I guess she prefers the royal treatment. ;)
lol No not that I know of.

I would love to join this club of fellow Pekin lovers.
I have a male Pekin that's 3 years old named, 'Guy.' He's so sweet.
I took him to my mom's 1st grade class room to show him to the kids. They loved him!
My old science/math teacher, Mrs. Higgins, and I just ordered 20 fertile duck eggs; 4 of those eggs happen to be Pekins.
I'm so excited to get more lil Pekins to love!
ya.gif

The eggs are set to hatch on March 7th.
fl.gif

<< This is Guy, just chillin' in his pen.
Welcome to the club! Guy is one handsome drake ;) Please feel free to share any photos, stories or advice :). Also I know we would all LOVE to see the little ones come Hatchday! Thanks
My duck is in love with halved grapes! He goes crazy for them.
He likes apples, but if I cut them up into small cubes he can get down easily.
Hah this reminds me of a YouTube video I saw of a duck eating a whole grape. You can see it go down the ducks neck and everything. It grossed me out so no whole grapes for Soleil. Maybe halves I will try her with. Thanks for sharing :D
I haven't. I've heard they are awesome for baking though. I'll for sure let you know. it's like an event countdown right now. We are creeping up on spring. :)

My Pekin has been so mad at me the last couple of days. It has been snowing and raining off and on and we left her in the coop with the chicken. She was so unhappy with us.
My Pekin gals favorite treat is cucumbers. She goes crazy for them. But she really likes almost anything.

Ooo cucumbers! I need to add those to the list for Soleil to try.

Soleil has me more than trained hah she does the lay down by her tub, lay down by my feet to pick her up, she likes to be carried if she's standing up on people's hands to prove she's in charge. Spoiled girl even gets to go on vacation with the family. Car seat, stroller, toys and lots of blankets and pillows! She demands it :)

Nice.
Welcome to the club! Guy is one handsome drake ;) Please feel free to share any photos, stories or advice :).  Also I know we would all LOVE to see the little ones come Hatchday! Thanks 
Hah this reminds me of a YouTube video I saw of a duck eating a whole grape. You can see it go down the ducks neck and everything. It grossed me out so no whole grapes for Soleil. Maybe halves I will try her with. Thanks for sharing :D
Ooo cucumbers! I need to add those to the list for Soleil to try.

Soleil has me more than trained hah she does the lay down by her tub, lay down by my feet to pick her up, she likes to be carried if she's standing up on people's hands to prove she's in charge. Spoiled girl even gets to go on vacation with the family.  Car seat, stroller, toys and lots of blankets and pillows! She demands it :)

She does have you trained! My girl lays down for pets and to be picked up too! Among other things. It's so funny that they know how to boss us.

Back
Top Bottom