Pekin Duck Club!

Quote:
"So, I have my light and my magnifying glass, I do the vent thing, and I don't see any male parts. Could it be that all of them are female? I just think that it would be odd. I understand each egg has a 50/50 chance...but 5/5 females? Should I try again? Is there another way to tell?"

My first sign is when they are old enough to quack, they have very different voices. The next is after the male gets his curl. I have never tried to look when they were born, sorry.

Last edited:
[/IMG]

I've had Pekins and various breeds of chickens for over a year now but I am new to the concept of having duck eggs. I have 3 pekin hens and a couple months ago someone in the bunch started laying eggs. I left the eggs in the box for her to lay on but no one ever did. When I finally decided to take the eggs out there had to have been about 30 eggs. I have sucessfully incubated and hatched most of them but I do not understand why none of the hens would have sat on the eggs herself to hatch. Since then I have taken the eggs out daily. Does anyone know why my hen(s) would not have sat on the eggs? Also, how long can duck eggs sit out on the counter for? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom