Pekin Duck Club!

How much does the average Pekin drake weigh?
My Pekin drake probably weighs around 12-13 pounds?
Is that considered large for a Pekin drake?
Just curious...

I only have a female Pekin and she doesn't weigh very much. My male is a Rouen. However, I have a female Jumbo Pekin and she is heavy! Haven't weighed them, so not sure exactly how much they weigh. Generally though, the drakes weigh more. Here is a comparison chart...
http://www.metzerfarms.com/DuckBreedComparison.cfm?CustID=1483227

I just got my first duckie babies! They were free (I'm guessing because it's after easter and the store wasn't prepared for growing ducklings...) anyway, I don't know how old they are... and I'm currently trying to force them to love me... they're just so scared of everything and if you seperate them even for a second they peep loud and sound so sad :( any pointers? and any guesstimate of age?

I just got my first duckie babies! They were free (I'm guessing because it's after easter and the store wasn't prepared for growing ducklings...) anyway, I don't know how old they are... and I'm currently trying to force them to love me... they're just so scared of everything and if you seperate them even for a second they peep loud and sound so sad :( any pointers? and any guesstimate of age?

It's been a little while since I had ducklings in the house... but my guess is a couple weeks. Congrats!!
I would like to be added, Please. :)
Welcome!!!

Hi and welcome :) I would say your ducklings are less than a week old maybe a week tops.

I've been diaper training my 5 1/2 week old Pekin for the last week and half and I'm wondering if anyone cn tell me how long this takes. I have it on him/her for 2-3 hours at the end of every night and all he/she does is put the whole time. When it's time fr changing it's worse than putting it on intiially. I know others out there have succeded in this venture and I'm looking any advice on how to make this a happy experience (if possible) for the both of us.
Thanks

Lol puddles has had a diaper for 4 weeks.. He does the same. He pouts n picks at it at first bad then after a while its just the occasional pick lol.

Quack-Quack will lie down and do nothing else unless it's picking. One time he stuck his head in the blanket hanging on my couch :( How long at a time are you putting them for at a time or all day at once? I read to start for an hour at a time but had to stop training until new harness came and then picked up at 2 hours. I would like to sart to start putting them on through out the day but am not sure this would be a good learning experience.

Back
Top Bottom