Pekin Duck Club!

so here is the pond day two of build its about 6 feet long by 5 wide and a foot and a half deep at the deepest. would love some comments on it

I got these two in March and absolutely love them. Thankfully they turned out to be a pair.
Female's name is Jemima.
Drake's name is Quackers. I know, I know, how original but in my defense my cousin named him. ha

I raised with a cockerel mutt so they wouldn't wander off too far.

on the pond i am building im trying to go for a natural looking edge on it and i want it pump free if at all possible. im growing a maple tree to go right next to it to provide some shade as well as some other plants that are already there but ive never done a pond before and hope it turns out right.

Thank you so much! Sorry I couldn't reply straight I've been having some family issues... but that doesn't matter because my ducks are getting prettier every second. :)

I am in love. I could just kiss that sweet face.

I got these two in March and absolutely love them. Thankfully they turned out to be a pair. Female's name is Jemima. Drake's name is Quackers. I know, I know, how original but in my defense my cousin named him. ha I raised with a cockerel mutt so they wouldn't wander off too far.
oh, they are so cute. And beautiful.

I've had muscovies raised by my Marans hen. Now I have 1 pekin and 3 of the hybrid 300's.
How long would they need heat for? This time I'm raising them because my muscovy hen isn't as good at being a mom as my Marans

I've had muscovies raised by my Marans hen. Now I have 1 pekin and 3 of the hybrid 300's.
How long would they need heat for? This time I'm raising them because my muscovy hen isn't as good at being a mom as my Marans
Not sure about the hybrids, but as I've seen on here.. babies need to be in a brooder at least 4 wks with heat. Starting temp of 95 I think, and you decrease 5° every week? Not positive about that last part. There's a thread on here somewhere about proper temps an such. Maybe check out here... https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/11/raising-baby-chicks
You could also sift through the duck forums.

so here is the pond day two of build its about 6 feet long by 5 wide and a foot and a half deep at the deepest. would love some comments on it
Looks great so far. I'm very anxious to are the finished product! Here's ours. Please pardon the overgrown weeds and lack of water care. Our ducks have ZERO interest in it. They just love their kiddie pool.

Back
Top Bottom