Pekin Duck Club!

Hi I have 2 Grimaud Pekin ducklings that r 4 weeks old. They r a large duck that can get up to 9 pounds or more. My ducklings r doing well, thriving & growing very fast. They both "lumber" when they walk/walk heavy with each step. They seem to not have enough strength to carry their own weight. They lay down when they eat & drink/they lay down alot.
My Q. is, is this normal for a large Pekin duck? Thanks for any replies.

Hi I have 2 Grimaud Pekin ducklings that r 4 weeks old. They r a large duck that can get up to 9 pounds or more. My ducklings r doing well, thriving & growing very fast. They both "lumber" when they walk/walk heavy with each step. They seem to not have enough strength to carry their own weight. They lay down when they eat & drink/they lay down alot.
My Q. is, is this normal for a large Pekin duck? Thanks for any replies.
They may be ill so I suggest getting them checked by a vet but it may also be because they are so heavy. My 2 girls aren't as heavy but they don't do that but when they walk they do wobble from side to side :p so cute!

That's so cool the chicken walking in the water with your ducks
I have 3 pekins. I started out with 2, Saffron and Marigold. Marigold was killed by an unknown predator about a year ago. Saffron was so sad and lost. She loves our chickens but you could tell something was missing. So when chick days rolled around at tractor supply I got 2 little baby pekins, Squacky and Flower. While I was brooding them still, I found a man selling very young pullets by the road. I ended up with Charlie, an Australorp who quickly became their best buddy and honorary duck. :) Sweet Charlie felt a bit left out when they started spending time with Saffron but quickly realized that was just one more duck to love. :)

I have a question. Will my ducks get along with my 20 week old Barter brown and Australorp hens and my 4 year old Rhode Island Reds they are all girls but I am yet to let the ducks into the acreage and wanted to know if they would fight. Please help I don't need conflict with birds.

awww so sweet mine just come jump on my lap grab glasses and run... then i get to cuddle them and pat them
D.gif
they look a bit like that when they do it
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom