Pekin Duck Club!

Hazel and Henry
smile.png
Hoopoose, Tootsie Roll. Look at those kissable faces. Pekins are wonderful in the cute department.

Thank you for that sweet ovation comment.  I hope all is well there with her.

Your Henry's curls are phenomenal.  Wow.  Normally I see only one clump of them.  He is a perfect man bird Pekin webbed feeted duck of softness that NEEDS ME TO KISS HIM.

Hoopoose, Tootsie Roll.  Look at those kissable faces.  Pekins are wonderful in the cute department.
Awe you're welcome Julie Bird. I can't help but wonder if people are okay when you don't hear from them for awhile... :(

I will blow Hazel and Henry kisses from you today while I'm out cleaning their house today. They are the cutest little trouble makers while I clean their houses. They come up a chew my clothes and the garbage bag filled with their soiled wood chips. They like to chew holes in the bag. Silly birds! :)

Awe you're welcome Julie Bird. I can't help but wonder if people are okay when you don't hear from them for awhile...
sad.png

I will blow Hazel and Henry kisses from you today while I'm out cleaning their house today. They are the cutest little trouble makers while I clean their houses. They come up a chew my clothes and the garbage bag filled with their soiled wood chips. They like to chew holes in the bag. Silly birds!
smile.png
Suhweet, thank you JLynn. They are such a cute pair. I love their silliness and naughtiness. They have be everywhere you are.

I know. That worries me too if nothing's been posted for a while. Hopefully in time she will get back in.

Ok ladies and gentlemen I have a question? We cleaned out our pond today and found duck eggs in it. How do we keep the ducks from laying in pond?

There isn't any way to prevent it, but you can at least reduce the frequency by not letting them into the pond until later in the morning, or until after whatever time they typically lay their eggs, if you know about what time that is. Our ducks still lay eggs in one of the ponds every so often, but that one is in their pen, so nothing we can really do about it.

So I bought a pair of pekin ducklings from TSC (unfortunately one was a male and we had to get rid of him so he and my mallard didn't fight) But the female, dotty has a huge black spot on her head, along with dipper who I bought a long time ago as a pekin as well. I'm just wondering what would cause the dot? We think she's mixed with a magpie maybe but we aren't sure.
dotty is still a baby in the pics, and you can't see dippers spots.

So I bought a pair of pekin ducklings from TSC (unfortunately one was a male and we had to get rid of him so he and my mallard didn't fight) But the female, dotty has a huge black spot on her head, along with dipper who I bought a long time ago as a pekin as well. I'm just wondering what would cause the dot? We think she's mixed with a magpie maybe but we aren't sure. dotty is still a baby in the pics, and you can't see dippers spots.

Is it her actual color or a marker from the store indicating male or female?...If hers, cool!!!! things just happen sometimes...We have a pure white sultan with a black patch on one wing, not even symmetrical! LOL

There is a tree right next to where I have my little duck pond my pekin male named yoga keeps eating the moss off the tree and seems to really love it but I was wondering if it is bad for them?

There is a tree right next to where I have my little duck pond my pekin male named yoga keeps eating the moss off the tree and seems to really love it but I was wondering if it is bad for them?
well if it is I'm in trouble my ducks have been eating almost every plant including that and are fine! :) so I wouldn't worry :)

Back
Top Bottom