Pekin Duck Club!

Thank you, both of yall. We will try the bath and pushing it back in. I read elsewhere to use witch hazel or preperation H... well try this and keep her in a pen in a dark room to help keep her from laying until she's heale ld and go from there..
Some people do use preparation H, or even Manuka honey (it's a special kind of honey with healing properties). If there's a soft egg stuck, that complicates matters.

It's 50/50, perhaps - ducks can get through prolapse if they get help soon enough. My Sechs had a prolapse over two years ago - egg was stuck - had to get her to a vet. They removed the egg, put in three stitches. Thank the Lord she went broody when I kept her in the dark (she found some eggs and started sitting on them). She was broody over two months, but that gave her time to heal.

Some people do use preparation H, or even Manuka honey (it's a special kind of honey with healing properties).  If there's a soft egg stuck, that complicates matters.

It's 50/50, perhaps - ducks can get through prolapse if they get help soon enough.  My Sechs had a prolapse over two years ago - egg was stuck - had to get her to a vet.  They removed the egg, put in three stitches.  Thank the Lord she went broody when I kept her in the dark (she found some eggs and started sitting on them).  She was broody over two months, but that gave her time to heal.

Well I went and got my supplies and went to get her and there was a soft egg in the pen that she passed and the prolapse corrected itself. So I'll keep my supplies jist in case and keep an eye on her. Thank yall for the quick advice!

Well I went and got my supplies and went to get her and there was a soft egg in the pen that she passed and the prolapse corrected itself. So I'll keep my supplies jist in case and keep an eye on her. Thank yall for the quick advice!
woot.gif
Are you still going to try and keep her from laying for a while?

Yes hi guys I have also not seen this post. I have a pair of pekins and one female wich I think is kc, she thinks im her mate lol. when she hears me she comes runnig to the gate only like a duck can its so heart warming . id like to addpicks but im still figuring this stuff out ha ha. just had 18 ducklings all helth for the time being. exactly a week and two days old.

Yes hi guys I have also not seen this post. I have a pair of pekins and one female wich I think is kc, she thinks im her mate lol. when she hears me she comes runnig to the gate only like a duck can its so heart warming . id like to addpicks but im still figuring this stuff out ha ha. just had 18 ducklings all helth for the time being. exactly a week and two days old.
Welcome to BYC @Quackers01 we'd love to see pics when you figure it out..

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/inserting-pics-in-on-the-new-byc

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom