Pekin Duck Club!

this is Norville our new duckling addition

Hi, i would like to be added to the Pekin Club, along w/my handsome and beautiful Boris, Natasha, Gomer & Ali
Boris, Natasha & Gomer

Ali, I sure hope she is a she
Thank you

Can i be added?
I have ben on here for a while

I have 5 peikins

2 outside
3 babies
I will post pics of the babies

These 2 are 1 year old

This is the male
I tried to put a bowtie on him

He didnt like it very much
1f602.png
1f602.png

I want to be added please we have two silver welches they were born 4-3-16 squeakers and mellow. We r waiting for our pekins to hatch they r piping right now as of today 4-7-16 the due date is 4-8-16 my kids r excited

Last edited:
My 5 week old pekin (darkwing) has declared his/her self alpha over the rest of the flock. The flock being 8 3 week old chicks. Well my husband brought home 3 new day old chicks and 1 day old (I believe runner duckling. I'll post photo). The 8 chicks aren't having a problem with the new additions. They curious but not mean. However Darkwing is being a total jerk. Nipping at them and chasing them. What shoukd I do I don't want them hurt. I want them apart of the flock
@lhendryx81 You need to keep them separate from Darkwing but where they can all see each other 5 weeks 3 weeks and day old is way to wide an age span to just put them together. Darkwing will eventually get use to them but you need to give the youngest time to catch up on size and age before putting them in with him/her.

Last edited:
I don't go past two weeks on age. If I have a hatch and there was only one. I will add chicks or. Ducks . But when they get into higher age limits the pecking order has already began .

Posted this on the duckling thread but I had to share here too! Thelma and Louise have imprinted on me! They follow me EVERYWHERE! I am so excited about this. They are darling.

@stowle72511
  so problem you may have with 2 drakes is there can be some fighting but if you have plenty of space where the underdog can keep away from the dominant drake it can work out. But having only 2 females can bring it's own problems like being over mated and both drakes liking the same female. [Too Much] it's really best for females that the ratio be 3 females and up to 1 drake.Then if one goes broody the other female isn't bred to death so to speak, when drakes begin into sexual change they are very aggressive breeders.Drakes can even gang up on a female in water and drown her. Hard to imagine looking at those precious ducklings that your going to have to watch out for the welfare of your females eventually.  I love drakes but having waterfowl for over 12 yrs now I know how rough they can be. My drake now has 6 girls but even with 6 he still has his favorites thankfully one of them is brooding so she is getting a break. :) So down the road you may want to pick up some more girls.

I was really hoping to have 1 male and 3 female because I figured it would probably be an issue....I was kind of disappointed when I got home and sexed them and 2 were male...right now the 2 cayugas stick together and the 2 Pekin stick together so maybe it will stay that way and that will be how they mate. One can only hope. There is no big body of water for them to swim just a large kiddie pool so I don't think drowning will be an issue. Once they start laying hopefully I can get some babies out of it and add a couple females to the group. But I don't think my hubby will be too happy with more ducks. My limit was 4
1f62c.png
I guess I just have to see how it plays out and hopefully there won't be any issues. I guess I should have sexed them at the store instead of when I got home. I'm not that great at it and takes me a couple tries especially when they are squirmy. But I do it I do it and then wait a day or 2 and do it again to be sure of what I have. And I'm positive it's 2 boy and 2 girl. Hopefully everyone will be nice and friendly. Lol.
1f604.png

Back
Top Bottom