Pekin Duck Club!

My Pekin drake, who's full name is "Po! Get up you'll be late for work!", has turned into a super protective poppa. He protects the nests, nuzzles the eggs with his beak, and fluffs up the nesting material. It is pretty cute!

i have 2 drake pekins and one has never had a curly tail feather and definately is a drake. they are both 14 months old now and the one has still not grown a curly tail feather.... not sure why?
Ha Ha! I don't know about drakes other than what other people say. Mine are all hens! Boy is it noisy!!!! I thought some of mine were drakes by the way they were mounting each other (I understand it is for dominance). But I can attest that they are all hens, unless they now make drakes that lay eggs! But I'm with you, I wonder why no curly tail feather, go figure, they are dancing to their own tune I guess!

My Pekin drake, who's full name is "Po! Get up you'll be late for work!", has turned into a super protective poppa. He protects the nests, nuzzles the eggs with his beak, and fluffs up the nesting material. It is pretty cute!
yippiechickie.gif

My drake he's about 4 months old now and he still don't have a curl to his tale feathers. But he's definitely a boy.
this is waddle's I love the color of him..
and this is our duck pikachu poor girl the kids named her...lol

Does a Pekin Duck lay her eggs in the same space (around the pond/lake)? She laid 20 of them and they were all unfertile, I cannot find another nest, usually I start seeing egg shells because the critters gets the most of them. AND,...we are up to 7 Mallards(drakes) and one small female Mallard.
What is the time frame for her to laying again (even if they are not fertile)?

Does a Pekin Duck lay her eggs in the same space (around the pond/lake)? She laid 20 of them and they were all unfertile, I cannot find another nest, usually I start seeing egg shells because the critters gets the most of them. AND,...we are up to 7 Mallards(drakes) and one small female Mallard.
What is the time frame for her to laying again (even if they are not fertile)?
Wish I could help, but mine are cooped at night. They stay In the coop until around 8 so they have finished laying their eggs in their nesting box. But I have had them just drop them anywhere. In their kiddie pool, on the ground even in the driveway! LOL

Could the nest be from the mallard? My Mallard eggs were smaller than my Pekin eggs.

Hopefully someone will chime in to help you!
Good luck,
M

Back
Top Bottom