Pekin Duck Club!

The guy told us they were both pekin. But I don't know for sure if he's right

He said they all came from same mother
I'm no expert, but I think Pekin ducks are always white. Another duck may have laid an egg in that nest and the Pekin mother hatched it? Could that be a Cayuga duckling? Blue or Black Swede? Campbell? Is it iridescent at all yet? Or it could be a mix, I suppose. Either way, they are cute! ;o)

Last edited:
I have never seen a Pekin that wasn't white. It looks like my black Swedish. But it's pretty whatever it is!
Mandy
But wait...I see the yellow legs! That does look Pekinish (is that a word?!). Good luck. It's feathers have that look of gray/black ruffles, this is how my black Swedish is. She has to be in the sun to see it, but it's there. It's a shame we can't just ask the ducks "What were your parents?!" LOL

Good luck!
Mandy

Here is another pic of them from last month.

Hi I had a quick qs my pekin girl had laid some eggs month in may and then never laid eggs again sense then does any one have any clue b at what happen and y she hasn't lied sense then ty for any help

Hi I had a quick qs my pekin girl had laid some eggs month in may and then never laid eggs again sense then does any one have any clue b at what happen and y she hasn't lied sense then ty for any help
Maybe the heat?? I don't know where you are. Here in Texas my 2 Pekins are still laying even through our 100 degree heat! Maybe someone with more experience will chime in here.

Good luck,
Mandy

Back
Top Bottom