Pekin Duck Club!

Could she be what they call a White Layer? I don't know these breeds well enough to say for sure.

Both are cuties!

Maybe??! I'll have to do some research on what those are. She's def not made to do a lot of walking!! Here's a video of her and the gang begging to go to the pond this morning!

And just for viewing pleasure two more videos of the parade to the pond and pond play.

. *contains duck mating*

Ok so more research she is def not a white layer, they are only supposed to get up to 5lbs. and have a pinkish bill, she is larger than that with a very orange bill. So maybe a pekin hybrid...

I would suggest that she is a Jumbo Pekin or Grimaud Hybrid Pekin. She looks quite a bit like my Jumbo Pekin hen, Millicent. Here's some pics.

IMG_2353.JPG
IMG_2366.JPG
IMG_2457.JPG
IMG_2544.JPG

Lol, those are some huge eggs! My Jumbo Pekin recently laid an egg about the size of the eggs I get from my geese!

Oh they definitely do! I wish our pen was big enough for more!! And she could be a white layer, it is hard to find a pic of one that isn't just a pekin.
I wondered about a Jumbo Pekin. Her walking looks like one of my Pekins that is horribly pigeon toed. She waddles all over the place, it is hard to watch her you get sea sick! LOL

Oh they definitely do! I wish our pen was big enough for more!! And she could be a white layer, it is hard to find a pic of one that isn't just a pekin.

It is hard to find a pic of a white layer, but I have some. Here's some pics of Cissy, my white layer hen. @EmilyP those eggs look very similar to my white layer's eggs, but they don't look alike physically.
She's very petite, lol. :D
IMG_2374.JPG
IMG_2383.JPG
IMG_2458.JPG

Back
Top Bottom