Pekin duck egg day 29 HELP!!! Pleaseeeeeee!!!

Is this the only egg?
yes it was i went ahead and opened it up i just couldnt handle it no longer he was gone already his air cell was not big enough and not enough stuff had evaporated he was a beautiful cream color perfectly developed i fail him because i didnt do enough research on how to incubate duck eggs :( i have more ducks and chick that go on lock down the 8th so maybe they will do better

Sorry you lost him :hugs Sounds like your humidity was too high during incubation so just make sure to lower it for the other eggs.

Sorry you lost him :hugs Sounds like your humidity was too high during incubation so just make sure to lower it for the other eggs.
see thats what i dont understand i use the dry incubation method so my humdity stayed in the 40's :( my chick eggs that i had set with him hatched perfect for the most part i ended up with 7 out of 10 and they were my first ever hatches :( and thank you :)

see thats what i dont understand i use the dry incubation method so my humdity stayed in the 40's :( my chick eggs that i had set with him hatched perfect for the most part i ended up with 7 out of 10 and they were my first ever hatches :( and thank you :)

It may be that it has a thicker shell or that it was a larger egg - larger eggs need lower humidity to lose enough moisture than smaller ones. Around here I need to incubate at 35% humidity to get them to lose enough weight, so it could be that even your dry humidity is too high.

I'd say try misting them (duck eggs only) - it seems counter-intuitive but it does help them lose weight. Then just watch the air cells and make sure they are matching this chart:

It may be that it has a thicker shell or that it was a larger egg - larger eggs need lower humidity to lose enough moisture than smaller ones. Around here I need to incubate at 35% humidity to get them to lose enough weight, so it could be that even your dry humidity is too high.

I'd say try misting them (duck eggs only) - it seems counter-intuitive but it does help them lose weight. Then just watch the air cells and make sure they are matching this chart:

thank you so much i am going to start sponging them i dont have a spray bottle right this minute but i have cotton balls lol and im going to get my husband to help me candle tonight so i can mark the air cells on them since tomorrow is day 18 i truly appreciate your advice :)

Thank you so much i am going to start sponging them i dont have a spray bottle right this minute but i have cotton balls lol and im going to get my husband to help me candle tonight so i can mark the air cells on them since tomorrow is day 18 i truly appreciate your advice :)

You're welcome! Keep us updated on your hatch!

yes it was i went ahead and opened it up i just couldnt handle it no longer he was gone already his air cell was not big enough and not enough stuff had evaporated he was a beautiful cream color perfectly developed i fail him because i didnt do enough research on how to incubate duck eggs
sad.png
i have more ducks and chick that go on lock down the 8th so maybe they will do better
I'm so sorry he didn't make it, but don't blame yourself it was a mistake.
hugs.gif
hit.gif
I'd love to see pictures when they hatch!!!

Back
Top Bottom