Pekin duck egg day 29 HELP!!! Pleaseeeeeee!!!

Danielle2006

Chirping
Jan 19, 2017
Ok so i didnt notice yesterday that i was posying in a chick hatch along forum about duck egg lol so i figured id make my own thread here! I have 1 Pekin duck egg on lock down it is day 29 today it has a yellow couldy color in part of its air cell i havent heard a pipp from it or seen any movement in the last 2 days my gut feeling is that this sweet baby died :( anyone ever seen anything like this i have been searching for the last few hours and found nothing that looks like this really??!?!?
i edited to add that i have a still air incubator my humbity is 75% and the temp is 99 the little guy was doing great until i put it on lockdown :((

Last edited:
Thank you all!! I went ahead and set him in a basket on a towel the bleeding has stopped and he is getting some energy so i put them both (the 2 that hatched together today) into the brooder with my goofy duck that hatched yesterday im hoping that between him chriping and the sugar water i have been giving them the perk up and i promise lots of pics tomorrow

Awe - I would do that too. The mom of my chicks is a rescue with foot problems. I totally baby her and bring her inside at night. She belonged to a dear friend who passed away this summer. She was low hen on the totem pole. Giving her the best life I can. We take care of the underdogs!

Great to see @WVduckchick
   here to help can't ask for better.

I look forward to seeing bath time. 

Hoping your egg will hatch out on it's own.  But if you need to assist you got good back up.

Thanks a bunch. Means alot coming from you!

thank you! :) and i agree she is pretty awesome wirh helping im so glad i found yall :)

Aww shucks. :D

I definitely will :) they are the sweetest little babies i plan on keeping the one with the messed up foot with me instead of tuening him out with the others when they get big enough i will engineer something to help him have a normal as possible life :( i dont have the heart to just cull him

Awww well ya just never know. You might even be able to tape his webs and help straighten it out. Ducklings are pretty amazing.

Back
Top Bottom