Pekin duck egg day 29 HELP!!! Pleaseeeeeee!!!

Oh i forgot to add that when i flipped him over to put flour on it it was a tiny tenny spot of yoke smaller than a pencil eraser

Awesome! That will be drawn in by tomorrow or the next day. You could put a little neo on it, or just leave it. Should be fine. :) :yiipchick

Thank you all!! I went ahead and set him in a basket on a towel the bleeding has stopped and he is getting some energy so i put them both (the 2 that hatched together today) into the brooder with my goofy duck that hatched yesterday im hoping that between him chriping and the sugar water i have been giving them the perk up and i promise lots of pics tomorrow

So his bleeding had completely stopped after i put him in the brooder but nither of the 2 that hatched yesterday can walk :( its like their right legs are lame any ideas? I know its from them not hatching out themselves but is there anything i can do to assit them in learning to walk

So his bleeding had completely stopped after i put him in the brooder but nither of the 2 that hatched yesterday can walk :( its like their right legs are lame any ideas? I know its from them not hatching out themselves but is there anything i can do to assit them in learning to walk

Well, at least that's one positive.

I like NutriDrench for a quick vitamin boost. And niacin is important for ducklings legs. So check what you are feeding them.

There are lots of leg issues, some clear up with a little time, others need addressed quickly. So its hard to guess.
Firm footing is important for ducklings, nothing slick under them, like newspaper or anything flat and slick.

Here's a great site for leg problems, they talk alot about chicks, but alot applies to ducklings too.

https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry

Here are the 2 miracle babies i included a pic of the weakest ones foot im pretty sure it is deformed :(

Oh and i picked up some nurtidrench and some sav a chick electrolytes with vitamins thank you all for helping me with these babies i feel horrible that these 2 are having such hard problems

Back
Top Bottom