pekin duck week by week

5 weeks old now, you can really see those wing feathers coming in! Her wing span has grown so much in only 5 weeks she's our big girl and she loves to be in her water
My ducky is nearing 5 weeks old at the end of the week, she’s a Peking duck too, what age can I put her on the dam with other ducks? I live in the cold climate in blue mountains Australia?

If she isn't totally feathered in then I wouldn't put her in cold water she needs to be fully feathered and have those new feathers oiled from her preening. Then she is water proof. Is she the only one your putting out with other ducks? have they met her and do you have drakes? a 5 week old duckling should not be mated by drakes she needs to be at laying age first. 4-4.5 months and up. Give her a safe place so on nice days she can be outside to meet the other ducks that way she won't be looked at as an outsider and get attacked by the rest of the flock.

I know this is an old post, but thank you so much for sharing! I am a first time duck mom and I've been really concerned about their feathers (or lack thereof) compared to the chicks that we got at the same time. It was really reassuring to see the development of your sweet duck week by week!

May I ask what you feed her? We have 2 babies coming and eventually they will be added to our chickens hen flock.

Back
Top Bottom