Pekin ducklings

Bd2121998

In the Brooder
Sep 26, 2020
Hello everyone. I am in need of some advice. I am in the process of incubating Pekin duck eggs only because my hen refused to do it herself. I began incubating her eggs less than one week after she laid. I am on day 29 and the ducklings have not begun the internal piping process yet. I am a bit concerned as the movement of the eggs have slowed significantly. Two days ago they were very active, moving and shaking about, but not anymore. Any advise on if I am overacting or if I should be concerned. FYI: I am attempting this for the first time so any and all information is welcome, please do not hold back as my main goal is to make sure these babies make it through this ever-so-long process!

Hello everyone. I am in need of some advice. I am in the process of incubating Pekin duck eggs only because my hen refused to do it herself. I began incubating her eggs less than one week after she laid. I am on day 29 and the ducklings have not begun the internal piping process yet. I am a bit concerned as the movement of the eggs have slowed significantly. Two days ago they were very active, moving and shaking about, but not anymore. Any advise on if I am overacting or if I should be concerned. FYI: I am attempting this for the first time so any and all information is welcome, please do not hold back as my main goal is to make sure these babies make it through this ever-so-long process!
Welcome to BYC! Are they making any noise? Ducklings take longer to pip and zip then chicks do. It can take a duckling up to 48 hours to fully hatch.

I have not listened to them as I am terrified to remove them from the incubator for to long. Would I be able to hear them by just holding them to my ear and how long is too long to keep them out of the incubator? Also, thank you so much for your warm welcome and prompt response! Greatly appreciated!!

You won't want to take them out of the incubator, but listen carefully with you ear next to the incubator and see if you can hear anything. Even if they are internally pipping you may not hear them, but worth a try. What is you humidity and temp in the bator? Have you checked the temp and humidity with a calibrated thermometer? Avery

Can you post a candling picture from before lockdown? What is your humidity and temp?
Temp is at 98.5 and humidity is at 74°. I cannot seem to get it higher than that. I have been misting them with water as well. I will try attach candling pics.

Attachments

• 57E91706-67FC-4F21-906C-E8CA103D87BC.jpeg
    57E91706-67FC-4F21-906C-E8CA103D87BC.jpeg
    507.2 KB · Views: 3
  • A2760BE5-8723-4701-A514-AB79EC499712.jpeg
    A2760BE5-8723-4701-A514-AB79EC499712.jpeg
    616.3 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom