Pekin in mourning?!?!

This attack came from a rescue dog we were fostering. Weven live in South Africa so no worry about raccoons or the like haha! We live in a suburb of Johannesburg so predators are very few in this urban setting.

Last edited:
Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am so glad you joined us, I do hope you will make yourself at home here. Enjoy BYC! :frow

This attack came from a rescue dog we were fostering. Weven live in South Africa so no worry about raccoons or the like haha! We live in a suburb of Johannesburg so predators are very few in this urban setting.
ok, haha
smile.png
good! Keep an eye on birds of prey though, i heard one person here was in his pen petting a chicken and a hawk came straight down a few feet from him and picked up one of his chickens!
sad.png

Welcome to BYC. Head bobbing and quacking is a behavior some hens will use to show the 'pair bond' with a mate. Out of loneliness she may have been making up to you. She will eventually adapt to her new friend. A drake is really not necessary unless you want ducklings. Some drakes can become a royal aggravation during the breeding season - both to the duck hens and you.

Back
Top Bottom