Pekin with bumble foot

Pics
I feel bad that I only started soaking her feet almost just last week I've been consistent with the Epsom salt soaks which is at least progress. Im hoping to get her all healed up before this winter, I've been trying to soak her feet at least a minute (with treats in hand) twice a day.

I need to get a pen set up for when I wrap her feet which I'm gonna try doing today.
I also want to get the duck boots from crazy K farm but I've yet to ask my dad to order some and I need to messed her feet.

Yesterday I found one of my 4 week old Cayuga khaki Campbell cross ducklings got a hole in her crop so I have a lot of things on my plate right now.

Angelina's been pretty good with the soaks I don't think she's been in the empsome salt water for more than a minute though. But shes calm enough to stand in it for about a minute (until the treats run out) I've been wanting to get a pen for her, setup a little bit better before I start wrapping her feet so hopefully in the next few days I can start wrapping her feet.

I recently saw a post on BYC about a cure for bumble foot, the person used horse epsom salt type topical gel stuff (which I think I've seen at Murdoch's before) and apparently it's helped all of the times she used it, I haven't looked at it in a few days so Im not sure if it's always for her or not.

This is from that thread I link previously should I use this? Would it be worth getting? If it's even at the Murdoch's farm store here for a decent price. I've been using the regular epsom salts for Angelina and am gonna try wrapping her feet today or tomorrow.
Screenshot_20230825-151017.png

I bought that horse epsom salt stuff, I've been busy with other duck problems and things outside of that so I've skipped a day or so of soaks. I plan on wrapping Angelina's feet tomorrow no more dilly dallying about it for me. I just need to rewatch how to wrap duck feet videos and I'll be ready, I also will get Angelina on a diet, since she'll penned up when she's got wraps on, it'll easy to limit how much she eats with winter coming up in the next month or so a little extra meat on her might be good but she is really heavy again.

I hope I can get the worst of it gone before winter, wrapped feet during the winter almost sounds like a recipe for potential frostbite if not done right. And I'm sure I'll mess up the wraps at first.

A few days ago I went picture crazy, got some good photos. But also some of the bottom of her feet as she was resting. Getting her foot in her down feathers.
20230904_103907.jpg

20230904_103922.jpg
20230904_103837.jpg 20230904_103931.jpg
She's molting wonderfully it seems, I love how white they get with fresh feathers.

Im gonna wrap her feet tomorrow after a little re-research and use the horse epsom salt stuff along with Vetericyn or whatever may be better.
I will also treat the other worst case of bumble foot, I need to find out that is again and get them treated at the same time as Angelina.

Question, would be okay to use the same water Angelina was soaked in for another duck right after each time? Or should they have their own epsom water each time?

I'm also thinking Angelina might need more of a surgical pursuit with hers what are the best resources for learning how to do that, if possible I will see if it will be pheesible for a vet to do it instead, when the time comes.

And could someone give me a list of things they would and wouldn't use for bumble foot, a coherent list of items or ointments and things like that?

Thank you, for all help given I really appreciate the time anyone takes to help even just providing links to videos I otherwise wouldn't find on my own for treatment of bumble foot.

Attachments

• 20230904_101854_HDR.jpg
    20230904_101854_HDR.jpg
    621.1 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom