Pekin with bumblefoot

It can scab over and still have bumble in it you might want to remove the scab again just to make sure. I have had to remove the thick pus more than once.
This would be the 4th time then. I haven’t found an actual “kernel” in any of the previous times, so I’m worried I’m just making it worse. I’m just hesitant to do it again. Do you know of any other issues that would present as bumblefoot?

She may have infection in there in joint possibly, any chance of taking her to the vet for examine an antibiotics?
We've been trying to avoid that given the pandemic, but may have to take her if it doesn't start clearing up. I checked on her late last night and it actually felt as if the swelling had gone down, so I'll watch and if it stops improving or gets worse, taking her to the vet might be the best option. She's in good spirits otherwise. I don't want to expose myself, my family, and staff at the clinic if it can be avoided.

Antibiotic ointment like Neosporin or triple antibiotic if that’s what your talking about. Sorry yes you can get from a vet or order on line. Fish antibiotics are fine.

Back
Top Bottom