Pekin

maoftri

In the Brooder
Aug 24, 2015
One of pekins was attacked by a snapping turtle. Took a small piece of its webing off from her foot. I treated her and she seem fine. Now this was about 6 months. She had a limp since but got around. There is a piece of web missing. But now she is not using that leg at all. She cannot walk really, pulls herself up with her beak and her wings spread out. I've been giving her niacin with her food. What more can I do. She swims in the water. Eating and drinking good. Could it be arthritis from the bite? It's like the foot is dead. I don't know. Help!

Hi. I have a chicken that I bought at the age of 6 months, this chicken also had a dead foot and sometimes tries balancing on it but normally lays spread out on the ground. When I first bought him I didn't expect it to be so bad, put it has improved since the chicken got a good diet and lots of love. I think their isn't anything you can really do, maybe bring it to a VET... or wait and see! I hope others have better answers!

Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. The ER or duck forums may be the best place to post your question.

Best wishes
CT

Here's the link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks
And best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!
wee.gif

sorry about your duck, wonder if the wound got infected. I find the easiest way to navigate this site is via the search box. Put "Emergency thread " in the box and it should come up.

Took her to the vet 2 weeks ago. They gave her a antibiotic shot and also a steroid shot. Nothing. Now both feet are not working very good. Oven don't about everything possible. Any more advice ???

I almost wonder if more steroids? The first few days she was up and trying to walk but nothing since???

Took her to the vet 2 weeks ago. They gave her a antibiotic shot and also a steroid shot. Nothing. Now both feet are not working very good. Oven don't about everything possible. Any more advice ???

Back
Top Bottom