Pen Pal Wanted

cassie

Free Ranging
15 Years
Mar 19, 2009
Is there anyone out there besides me who likes to write letters? By that I mean snail mail letters, not email. I would like to find someone to correspond with. I would prefer someone who lives in a country other than the US but that is not a requirement. At this point I am not fussy. I have been corresponding with a lovely person In Scotland, but she is so busy with job and family she hasn't had time to write. I hope to hear from someone.

Is there anyone out there besides me who likes to write letters? By that I mean snail mail letters, not email. I would like to find someone to correspond with. I would prefer someone who lives in a country other than the US but that is not a requirement. At this point I am not fussy. I have been corresponding with a lovely person In Scotland, but she is so busy with job and family she hasn't had time to write. I hope to hear from someone.
Hi Cassie - I think I know what you mean. It's lovely to get a letter, and so incredibly rare these days. My post is generally just stuff I don't want, like bills and junk mail. How often would you want to write? Perhaps if you also mentioned some of your interests so people can see if you'd have things in common to write about?

Hi Cassie - I think I know what you mean. It's lovely to get a letter, and so incredibly rare these days. My post is generally just stuff I don't want, like bills and junk mail. How often would you want to write? Perhaps if you also mentioned some of your interests so people can see if you'd have things in common to write about?

OK. Something about me. My interests are fairly wide. I read a lot. I started to read Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, realized that a lot that happened then had to do with WWI. Since I know next to nothing about WWI I got a book on that. Before I started that book I decided to see what the world was like before the war so I am currently reading that. I do needlework, mainly knitting and crochet. I like to grow house plants and flowers. I am an expert on how people should raise their children because I never had any. I have had extensive experience with livestock, particularly dairy cows and dairy goats. I don't have much contact with most of my family because they either live far away, or are dead, or aren't speaking to me. My major in college was psychology and for personal reasons I have done a lot of reading about sociopaths and narcissists. I am a good listener and I am non judgmental. I can discuss sex, religion, and politics without getting mad. I am a political moderate, or at least I was when I left California. I now live in southwest Missouri.

This is probably far more than anyone here wants to know about me. If I haven't scared off any potential pen pals, I would love to have one and for the record, I am interested in just about anything you would have to say.

OK. Something about me. My interests are fairly wide. I read a lot. I started to read Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, realized that a lot that happened then had to do with WWI. Since I know next to nothing about WWI I got a book on that. Before I started that book I decided to see what the world was like before the war so I am currently reading that. I do needlework, mainly knitting and crochet. I like to grow house plants and flowers. I am an expert on how people should raise their children because I never had any. I have had extensive experience with livestock, particularly dairy cows and dairy goats. I don't have much contact with most of my family because they either live far away, or are dead, or aren't speaking to me. My major in college was psychology and for personal reasons I have done a lot of reading about sociopaths and narcissists. I am a good listener and I am non judgmental. I can discuss sex, religion, and politics without getting mad. I am a political moderate, or at least I was when I left California. I now live in southwest Missouri.

This is probably far more than anyone here wants to know about me. If I haven't scared off any potential pen pals, I would love to have one and for the record, I am interested in just about anything you would have to say.
Hi Cassie. Guess what? I'm a psychology lecturer, gloriously child-free, love to read (I'm a big Jane Austen fan), have recently taken up patchwork (having always sewn), and have sisters I don't get on with. As for sociopaths and narcissists, we only need to observe our politicians in action. Is there a private messaging facility on here?

Hi Cassie. Guess what? I'm a psychology lecturer, gloriously child-free, love to read (I'm a big Jane Austen fan), have recently taken up patchwork (having always sewn), and have sisters I don't get on with. As for sociopaths and narcissists, we only need to observe our politicians in action. Is there a private messaging facility on here?
Yes there is a way to send and receive private messages on this forum. Just ask somebody else how to access it. That is what I do. Since they updated Backyard Chickens, I haven't been able to figure out how to use the feature without being reminded. I THINK I can retrieve messages but I am not sure how to send them.

Yes there is a way to send and receive private messages on this forum. Just ask somebody else how to access it. That is what I do. Since they updated Backyard Chickens, I haven't been able to figure out how to use the feature without being reminded. I THINK I can retrieve messages but I am not sure how to send them.
Hi Cassie
I've sent you a private message (I think!) with my email address.

Back
Top Bottom