Pennsylvania Farm Show 2009

bug farm. Peafowl laying season starts in May... so by the end of June Ill have chicks. I have a good many varieties. check out my flickr album to see the colors I'll have (web site is out of date). or if you want 2008 chicks I have some left.

Sarah. OK I have 4 pretty brown eggs sittin here that were laid this week :) not enough to ship to anyone, but I can bring them to the show for you.... bring me sumthing lavender and we can swap
big_smile.png
wink.png
big_smile.png

It IS supposed to snow tomorrow so I'll probably go to the show during the week next week.

Kat~ I would love to swap, but I don't have anything lavender that is LF. I doubt you are interested in bantams. I'm probably going to go during the week, just waiting to here from my parents what day they are going...

ETA:Looks like I'm probably heading over on Wednesday, but it's not that far from my house...

Last edited:
I went to the farm show and helped advertise for BYC by wearing my Got Chickens tshirt. My mom wore her BYC University hoodie. We got asked alot of questions about our shirts and pointed them to BYC.
big_smile.png

I'll be there! I'm heading out on Monday. It's about a two hour drive from where I live, but I haven't missed a year in six years. It's always a good time! Bring lots of money! There are a TON of vendors selling all kinds of stuff! My favorite is the beef jerky stand.

Just got home, the farm show was great. My only recommendation would be is to get there as EARLY as possible. They say the gates open at nine, we walked in at eight and no questions were asked. Listen, by noon the place was wall to wall people. And that's when my enjoyment level began to fade rather quickly.
We drove a little over two hours from central new jersey and was well worth it. GO and have fun.

We were there last Sunday, and I talked to the gentleman that has a few birds on Champion 'row'. The reason I wanted to talk to him was about his Amerucanas. He was very nice, gave me his number, and offered to hook me up with a few chicks come spring. His name is Larry.

If you want to talk to the exhibitors, you need purchase the Yellow Poultry Entry/Judging book for $1.00. You then can match up the exhibitor's # to their name, and ask around for them. There are no phone numbers in the book, but the exhibitors will be present when the poultry is released on Saturday. Otherwise, the birds will be there all week.

Sam

Quote:
The HUMONGOUS White Rock cock & Buff Orpintion hen on Champion row are the two I recall right off the bat!
edit: There was also a Light Brama hen up there... and I'll be darned if I can remember them all.
hmm.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom