Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Mama did wingstone add those to that zillion eggs in her bator?? I cant remember!!!

I did want to share the black betty cochin story with you!
I dont know if you remmeber but, I had saved black betty from auction when she was about 3-4 ?? months old, her owner was upset because she was perfect for show except she seemed to have black comb! So I of course stepped in and saved her from auction.... Well I must say that she doesnt have that black comb any more! It is red! and I swear something musta been wrong with her, I am thinking it was inestinal.... because she also has been getting extra special diet because she is in the coop with fluffy, who I really spoil because of the bumblefoot she had, and then she got that vent gleet and what a mess.... but anyway she also gets the yogurt and I still a few times a week spread probotics in their food, more acv than the others and she gets wheat germ and oats! I searched and searched online about the black comb issue and no one seemed to ever hear of it.... now I think I figured it out... she seemed fine the whole time though! CEPT that comb.... her wattles were red though
hu.gif
but for the past 2 months since being with fluffy and blue she now has a red one!

I took pics but I will post them tomorrow, I keep getting side tracked from that article writing!! ugggg

Possible. Wing? Was it you?

Can't wait to see the pictures Sally!

:barnie :th

sorry to hear that... hoping it is splattered on solid surfaces and not cloth/carpet types...
maybe find some old sheets to use as 'drop cloths' over furniture, walls, window curtains etc... kids can learn to spread them out over furniture on their own and can help placement over walls or windows.  Clean up of them can be 'as needed' and they probably could be prewashed in a tub of water with some dawn before going into a regular washer to cut down on wear and tear on the washer.
 Actually, I think the pottery wheel sounds like a great kid present!  Hoping you can figure out a way it works for everyone because I can understand the frustration with the mess.
 A bit cleaner idea that I loved as a kid was my rock tumbler... I got a real kick out of finding small rocks with pretty colors/patterns and running them through the tumbler to clean them up... they then became decorations for things.  May be a nice addition to some home made kid pottery ;)

10 year old got that...lord is that thing LOUD! LOL...that will be put in the back room! He also got 50 bottles of paint, an easel and plenty of canvas to decorate all of our homes! The one chair got decorated with the clay....but it mostly wound up on wipeable surfaces. I could totally have cleaned up after they left..but I wanted their grandfather to see the mess when he got home.

LOL  I am used to them

I was epileptic as a child. Had blood draws at least monthly. I was fine with it till I was about 11. Then I had a phlebotomist who didn't know how to do their job...that's ok...still don't think he can have kids...but unfortunately it made me VERY leery of needles....didn't help when I was diagnosed with Wilson's as an adult..and my Dr wants 7 vials of blood every time I see him.

I have friends who have had tattoo parties....*shrugs* but then I've been to parties that would make ya'll faint. I won't be getting one unless it's henna...HATE needles!

LOL I am used to them
Used to them here, also... but I am on the 'using' side of them, not the 'receiving' side!! a VERY different view from that side!!!
I don't have any tattoos... yet... but have considered the idea, will someday take the plunge once I have a design I REALLY am sure I want to have around for a lifetime!

Last edited:
I don't know if I'll have time to go to the Farm show for fun this year.  I'll be volunteering at the PA Beekeepers Assn. booth in the commodities area (not the one in the food court) on one weekday evening, and on the last Saturday. I make lots of lip balm and some handmade soap that they sell at the stand.

On a different subject, I was feeling all wistful that you guys are hatching already, and I'm not. Til last night when I sat down to pay my bills and realized that the electricity to run all the brooders & big incubator last year cost about $40 a month. I'll content myself with your chick photos.

Hey Beaglady! We belong to the CCBA! Do you keep bees?

Back
Top Bottom