Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Somerset county. village at the crossroads of route 30 and route 160. High in the mountains of the Allegheny Front. Lots coal mines Bars and Churches. Close to Flight 93 crash site. The Ship Hotel of the Alleghenies (burnt to the ground)
Its quiet here on the weekends when the 500 coal trucks aren't rolling past the house.
The car is the BF hobby he builds cars and I play with chickens.
Churches & Bars, yep-sounds like "home"..haha We have the gas-drillers now..up & down the mountains... those trucks are big!! We've got "Hyner-lookout", were all the hang gliders jump, real cool watching them. Cars & Chicks.sounds like a match made in heaven..
big_smile.png

Churches &  Bars, yep-sounds like "home"..haha We have the gas-drillers now..up & down the mountains... those trucks are big!!  We've got "Hyner-lookout", were all the hang gliders jump, real cool watching them. Cars & Chicks.sounds like a match made in heaven..:D .

You are moving back to Clinton county right? My cousin use to go to church camp there.Per our Grandmothers request. Remember my cousins use to refer to it as San Clinton (Quentin). I can't remember where it was but it was real pretty there.
Hang gliding is on my bucket list.

Blarney, I thought Irish had a traditional stew for new years,
southerners ??? peas for new year's...

Fascinated, what are some other traditional meals, The only traditions my family ever had was not to run out of beer. and you never shoot dinner that has babies with it...unless they are older babies.

OH!!! and I forgot, Chickies are hatching, brooder room is getting quite loud, will get pics later today, I was lazy and never set the room back up after fall cleaning, so I am compromising and using old dresser drawers for now...

And chad, this hatch has a couple, looks like 8 so far, of cot quail, i only set them to see how fertility was, if you are interested you can have them...will let you know how many hatch if you want them. i have no sunday plans this week , could meet up someplace.

Last edited:
OH!!! and I forgot, Chickies are hatching, brooder room is getting quite loud, will get pics later today, I was lazy and never set the room back up after fall cleaning, so I am compromising and using old dresser drawers for now...
YAY!!! Can't wait to see pictures.

Well there was quite a breeze blowing this morning, and when it is only 18, that makes is **** cold at the bus stop!

I am so sad every one (except the youngest) went back today.
hit.gif
I sure miss them when they are gone.

Back
Top Bottom