Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Hey Blarney....you just gave me an idea.....I will bring 2 chicks for each of you at the farm show,,,,now who could turn a present down....[​IMG][​IMG]

and hubby was worried about having chicks in the house all winter.....see I got this covered.

2. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Got a little identification problem
    remember i said the second bator was starting to hatch....well 2 chicks hatched one from a green egg and the maran chick hatched....figured I would just let them dry a little since I seen no other pips, just went back it was only about 20 minutes, and another hatched, problem is it looks just like the maran chick for now only it came from a green egg, hopefully I can tell which is which...

3. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    unless the EE was covered by a maran..hopefully you'll be able to tell by feathered shanks??

Pip is still chirping when I hold her....but she's not done anymore work...I know...HANDS OFF...but since she's likely to be my only one...and she pipped the wrong way...silly girl..

Oh...and my humidity FINALLY decided to stay above 60! GAH!!!

4. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

...LOL. If a rooster has ever crowed loudly at 5 am inside your house, you might be a redneck ¦P

Well that is it around here! My SO went and bought a baby monitor after we moved our gang to the coop out back...'so we can hear if anything has them upset' . Yep, we can hear if they are upset...... we can also hear when they lay an egg... when they get into spats... and when the CROW at 4:30 in the morning! I have learned to turn the volume down in the evening, the dog will listen and wake us if there is a problem, and we have one silly roo that likes to crow at midnight (just twice) and 2 or 3 am (just twice again). I don't know what his malfunction is! [​IMG]
    The dog pays closer attention to the monitor now than I do! She can be anywhere in the house but if the hens squawk like they are upset she comes running, listens at the monitor and then heads for the door to be let out.

He's talking about getting a camera system for the coop and yard so we can check in on them even when we aren't here or watch them when they are in the coop! [​IMG] I figure if we do that we'll have to hook up one of our old TVs to it and put it at floor level so Mindy can watch chicky TV all day instead of just listening to chicky radio (aka baby monitor) [​IMG]

5. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    The farm show is this Sunday?

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Sally I have these cooking now set to go to lockdown on the 9th! Did you win some?
    oh No I was just sharing! lol I wouldnt know where to go with them, my layer coop is full and I have those 6 OE's that just hatched, all the marans as well as Harmony's polish and a ton of Dark brahama....

Not sure what I will choose yet for the eggs I won, so far I won three egg contests... I also won a website this morning????????????????????? Not quite sure if I should keep it or donate it. Thinking about it, not sure what to do yet.

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    LMAO!!

8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    STINK EYE!

[​IMG]

9. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    "Not another peep! If it wasn't for me, your butt would still be stuck in its shell!"

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  10. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    With an attitude like a LF LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by