Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sally, I assume you dissolve them in water. Can you just cut them in half, use 2 1/2 times the water, and refrigerate what you don't need immediately? I don't know how it is used giving it to chickens?

Lesson is: never send a man to a store unless they sell hardware,tools or auto parts! ;)

2. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Thanks!! My SO was raised eating the good 'hunky' foods... (his mom was first generation immigrant Slovak, mid European decent, raised speaking slovak as a child, english was actually her second language... he is the youngest of 11!)
    I cook a lot of cabbage and kielbasi mix foods and my 'pigs' are hamburger, sweet sausage mix wrapped in cabbage, cabbage and potatoes are also a frequent mixer... so though I never heard of this dish it doesn't sound too 'out of the ordinary' to me. [​IMG]

3. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Hammonds was at the FS selling their stuff there, looked really good! Yum!
    Cool! I am Czech. My dad deflected here from there when he was 14.

4. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]

I use livestock grade Brewers Yeast instead. Found its cheaper than the niacin capsules and you don't have to worry about wasting it in the drinking water. I add 2-3 cups per 10# of feed, this is the recommendation from Holderread Waterfowl Farm. I get it for $5.75 for the 2 lb tub at Huber's Animal Health Supply in Myerstown. Just have Chad pick some up and deliver it to you, he's usually not doing anything anyway!
    [​IMG]

5. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

LMP, Please tell me you are making that up.

You guys are all kinda silly today. VaJayJay? Seriously Chad?

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I wouldnt even send him for that without me lol
    I was told just sprinkle in food???????????

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

8. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    If you get Ameraucanas from a hatchery they will not be pure. They will be Easter Eggers. Great for eggs, but do you want to show, or breed to the breed standard?

9. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I am in Grantville, 10 minutes North of Harrisburg on 81. I really want to encourage you to buy from a breeder. You get birds with better personalities, and health. Usually bred closer to standard to. Even if you aren't going to show, its good for resale value. If you get heritage breeds you can have an excellent outlet for roosters, meat!

10. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I love the black ones!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by