Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Sally, I assume you dissolve them in water. Can you just cut them in half, use 2 1/2 times the water, and refrigerate what you don't need immediately? I don't know how it is used giving it to chickens?

Lesson is: never send a man to a store unless they sell hardware,tools or auto parts! ;)

the stomach lining of a pig, stuffed w/ cabbage, potatoes, sausage..and no-you dont have to eat the lining, it's really just to hold all of the stuff together...

Just called pig stomach here. A few local restaurants have it some days as their special.
Thanks!! My SO was raised eating the good 'hunky' foods... (his mom was first generation immigrant Slovak, mid European decent, raised speaking slovak as a child, english was actually her second language... he is the youngest of 11!)
I cook a lot of cabbage and kielbasi mix foods and my 'pigs' are hamburger, sweet sausage mix wrapped in cabbage, cabbage and potatoes are also a frequent mixer... so though I never heard of this dish it doesn't sound too 'out of the ordinary' to me.
tongue.png

When I used to visit friends who moved south, they always asked me to bring sweet bologna, sausage, Birch beer , Hammond's pretzels and pig stomach for them. I guess southern pigs don't have stomachs.
Hammonds was at the FS selling their stuff there, looked really good! Yum!
Thanks!! My SO was raised eating the good 'hunky' foods... (his mom was first generation immigrant Slovak, mid European decent, raised speaking slovak as a child, english was actually her second language... he is the youngest of 11!)
I cook a lot of cabbage and kielbasi mix foods and my 'pigs' are hamburger, sweet sausage mix wrapped in cabbage, cabbage and potatoes are also a frequent mixer... so though I never heard of this dish it doesn't sound too 'out of the ordinary' to me.
tongue.png
Cool! I am Czech. My dad deflected here from there when he was 14.

I tell DH to stop at CVS and pick up 100MG NIACIN capsuls for the ducklings..... He comes home with 500MG 100 capsuls
barnie.gif

th.gif

I use livestock grade Brewers Yeast instead. Found its cheaper than the niacin capsules and you don't have to worry about wasting it in the drinking water. I add 2-3 cups per 10# of feed, this is the recommendation from Holderread Waterfowl Farm. I get it for $5.75 for the 2 lb tub at Huber's Animal Health Supply in Myerstown. Just have Chad pick some up and deliver it to you, he's usually not doing anything anyway!

Sally, I assume you dissolve them in water. Can you just cut them in half, use 2 1/2 times the water, and refrigerate what you don't need immediately? I don't know how it is used giving it to chickens?

Lesson is: never send a man to a store unless they sell hardware,tools or auto parts!
wink.png
I wouldnt even send him for that without me lol
I was told just sprinkle in food???????????

Grats!

My wife has officially given me her blessing (ok she was drunk, but she remembers!) and I am slated for the zoning board next month. The landscaping projects over the past 6 months have ever so conveniently created the perfect place for a coop - I just have to finish it off. My continuing dilemna is having to choose straight run on the breeds I want and realizing that all those young men will need to find another home. So who will be my go to team for welsummer, marans and amercauna chicks and would take extra roos?
fl.gif

If you get Ameraucanas from a hatchery they will not be pure. They will be Easter Eggers. Great for eggs, but do you want to show, or breed to the breed standard?

Blarney is like 20 minutes from me, max. No idea where Ray and Heather are, but candidly I drive to Centre County, Harrisburg and Williamsport for work so driving isn't the issue. If it helps someone else out, I am all game!

I am in Grantville, 10 minutes North of Harrisburg on 81. I really want to encourage you to buy from a breeder. You get birds with better personalities, and health. Usually bred closer to standard to. Even if you aren't going to show, its good for resale value. If you get heritage breeds you can have an excellent outlet for roosters, meat!

Back
Top Bottom