Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    x2!

Some one once told me it costs the same to keep a quality bird as it does to keep a lesser one and I agree 100%.

2. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Heather, quick question.... at what age can you tell the LF cochins apart? I think I am starting to see some little combs come in!

3. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Penta: since yer not using the grill, you may send it right over...I'm starting a collection.

BayM! Awesome that you got the wife on board with the chicken idea. Hope you get past the zoning as well. And if any of my girls were laying, I'd hook ya up. I'm considering breaking out the Cayenne.

Sharron, such a bummer on missing that Brahma. Happens to me all the time at live auctions, I simply can NOT bid.

Apparently I have no problem what-so-ever bidding on-line. DH is simply going to kill me if I win any of these auctions, and I haven't had even a SIP of Jameson's!

I'm not sure who asked me about the sex of my Welsummer chicks, but we thought we had 3 cockerels and 2 pullets, NOW we think there are 3 pullets and 2 cockerels. The only thing we are sure of is that we don't know what we're doing.

4. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Some of them you can tell at a week. I wait until 4, to make sure of any late bloomers, they will have a broader head too!

5. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    These guys are ADORABLE!! I will be looking for advice from you when it's time for me to hatch some eggs, hope that's ok! Although Sally may have authored a book on it by then, so I might be able to refer to that.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  6. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Blarney!!! [​IMG] I am gonna hang out in the the the the crocheting thread!! oh and the depends people thread, oh wait that is the crocheting thread.....[​IMG]

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Oh and ize got skilz too!! ASK PENTA!!! show them Mommasita!!!

9. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nope, not makin' that -up...It is good, the filling, I never ate the casing.., although it would get nice-brown & crispy..[​IMG] hahaha..I can't eat stuff like that anymore though..wish I could, but I can Make it !!

10. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

I've got 2 LC Orp hens -their Roo met up with the fox last spring, broke my lil girl's heart, was her favorite chick.

A blue cockerel, a black cockerel, 2 black pullets, 1 blue pullet and one black undecided, I believe it's a cockerel masquerading as a pullet.

Oh, and my belief is that men bring back the wrong stuff from the store on purpose, so they aren't asked to do it again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by