Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

SO CUTE! [​IMG]
    Speckle looks like an impressive guy.... what breed? or mix? I'm new to figuring out breeds and initially though barred rock but then saw feathers on the legs?
    Is he a mix or a breed I totally missed?
    Sending good luck vibes your way, Mama!!! [​IMG]

2. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    [​IMG]

3. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    Hey everyone! I'm looking for a French Black Copper Marans rooster in the area. The ones I picked up are just not up to the standard and I need to at least replace the rooster. I'm looking for one that is 4-6 months old. I could also take a trio or pair if someone is needing to sell off some of their flock. I'm willing to travel about 1 1/2 hours to pick them up, but if there is someone further (say 3hrs) and would be willing to meet halfway, I do that too.

4. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Got it! Thanks.....[​IMG].

5. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    He's a barred cochin roo. So fluffy legs and cool colors

6. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Hi Katie! Where abouts are you located?

7. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

OK, Thanks! I haven't looked much at the roosters (or actually pics in general, other than to check body types) when perusing the breed profiles, have been watching more for meat, broody hens and moderate or better egg production... I'll have to check out some picture threads and more info on the cochin.... I love his look!

8. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Cochins are good layers, can be great broody moms and have a bulky body style. So good mom, lays well and eats just fine. lol

9. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Okay! Everyone is in the coop and confined! There pecking order going on, but no one is attacking each other! *phew Please send positivity that it goes well! I figured since there is no run, that doing it this way is best since the polish and brahma outnumber Sandy. I'll leave them in there overnight and tomorrow they will have to free range a bit until I can get this run made. (They will free range with dog and human security. (Part of the reason I wanted the coop out my office window. :) I figured a nice warm winter day was good for them to all get along. LOL!

10. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I don't know that I would call them "good" layers. Average about 2-3 eggs per week is what I have been told. YES good brooders!! And beautiful personalities!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by