Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Looks great! They should be very happy with their new home! [​IMG]

2. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    OK I am steeling your bungee cord idea!! This weekend I want to pick up those hanging feeders and waterers!! That is awesome!!!

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    YAY!!!!

4. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I have a production RIR that should have laid early and a lot. She didn't lay till almost 8 months old and only does an average of 4 per wk. The comets lay like it's no one's business and early! They start at around 16wks and than press on. They also have personality, but won't brood if someone put a gun to their head lol. And color is fairly basic. Which is why cochins would be a good find. Great personalities, lay a few eggs a week per bird, can be a mom on demand, come in many different colors and develop into one heck of a meaty bird.

5. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I use the bungee cords too. When the feeders are full they hang low and bob all over the place lol.

6. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Oh I totally agree about cochins. I am SUPER excited to have mine. Although, I don't think I really need 20 of them..... A friend of mine is taking my 2 splash this weekend. The other 18 I am going to grow out as long as I can to see what I have. I think I have 6 blacks and 12 blues.

But, I am going to get my egger pen going because 2 per week isn't gong to cut it!! Once I see what all I have for that pen, I will add more pullets here and there. I know I want at least one more BR and a SS or 2, but not sure what else.

7. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    Ok so was emailed by someone close to me who is hatching peking ducks and is wondering if anyone is interested so if anyone on her would like ones that are already hatched let me know and I will give u her info!

8. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Anyone know how loud these guys are?

9. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Mine are pretty talkative. Sometimes they just hang out, but if they're hungry, or a guinea runs close by, or some other unusual thing, they need to comment. My poultry are a couple hundred yards from the house, and I can hear them at the house if the windows are open.

10. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    me please...need some buddies for my 1 ducky.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by