Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Congratulations Chad!
Okay-so I think the boy and girls are doing well. I am going to let them free range in the morning and see how that goes. I have anxiety that they are gonna run away! LOL!!

I think I am in love with Blarneys incubator. LOL!! Out of 24 I have 15 that are moving and viable, 3 I threw out to being non fertile and 6 are veining and not moving-so we will call them iffy eggs. I'm doing much better this hatch. I feel positive and my LED flashlight went through the darkest eggs. I feel like we are going to hatch out nicely this time. Keeping fingers crossed!
Penta and Mama
fl.gif

rant:

So we just bought my car 3 months ago. Since then, it's been in the shop every two weeks. Luckily, it's under warranty. AND we bought the extended warranty, because I'm lucky.

This last time though...it's a doozie. I find out the 4 wheel drive doesn't work as I'm trying to drive up my driveway in 14" of snow. It doesn't work well. Because, well, the driveway is UP the side of a hill!!!!!! Great time to find out it doesn't work. So I park my car...which decides to slip into the ditch as I step out of it into the snow. A few days later, I finally make it up most of the way up the driveway (WOOHOO!). I park her and put the E-brake on. Go inside. An hour later and (Carlita) my car has slid 45 feet down the drive way into a snow bank. Lovely.

Take it in the next week. They say it's a sensor and the tires are bald. Now come on. The TIRES are causing the 4WD to not engage? Yeah. Sounds like a PERFECTLY plausible excuse. NOT. So we get the sensor fixed and put on a whole new set of tires. I'm so stoked! Get it picked up, looking all pretty...

Drive her home and now she pulls to one side. That's ok, we knew she was probably out of alignment. I put her into 4WD to get her up the driveway and guess what. Surprise, surprise. New tires DON'T fix a broken 4WD. Know what does? FIXING THE 4WD!!!!!!! So we try again, thinking I'm just an idiot and don't know how to work it, hubby gets into the driver's seat. I walk up to the house in the 40+ mph winds we apparently needed so desperately and watch hubby try. He makes it most of the way up the driveway and when he needed 4WD the most, what happens? Nothing in the rear kicks in. Only this AWFUL grinding noise that he "says" is snow hitting the undercarriage. I'm not a genius but that's almost as plausible as needing new tires to "fix" your 4WD. So he backs it down and leaves it at the neighbor's house. Ridiculous. 

So I just called the Kia dealer...AGAIN to schedule another fix. At what point can you lemon a car?

/rant. 

Ugh...I hate having cars in and out of the shop constantly. I took my Jeep in last Friday as my battery meter kept randomly dropping to 9v WHILE I was driving. He can't get it to occur, so I picked it up yesterday morning, as it's the only vehicle big enough for everyone that was going to the farm show...PLUS it has the baby seat for the 2 yo....I got it to happen as soon as I got home! GRRR

12 hours at three farm show. Lots of beautiful birds, great displays all over and picked up some information on lots of stuff.

And some wine.

Learned if you wear a kilt, "bazinga" t-shirt, and chicken hat, you get a lot of looks and comments.

You were hiding! I know you were!

Yeah, he stopped by the beekeepers booth close to the end of the day. I saw his hat and kilt and exclaimed "I know who you are!"

Missy, I didn't get there today til after 5.

That'd explain why I didn't see ya! Had to leave at 3 to get the 2yo home so his mom could pick him up.

Congratulations Chad!
Okay-so I think the boy and girls are doing well. I am going to let them free range in the morning and see how that goes. I have anxiety that they are gonna run away! LOL!!

I think I am in love with Blarneys incubator. LOL!! Out of 24 I have 15 that are moving and viable, 3 I threw out to being non fertile and 6 are veining and not moving-so we will call them iffy eggs. I'm doing much better this hatch. I feel positive and my LED flashlight went through the darkest eggs. I feel like we are going to hatch out nicely this time. Keeping fingers crossed!

*crosses fingers and toes for you*
I sent Ropo's incubator back her way today....

If there aren't pictures, it didn't happen. Oops, I see you already covered this...

Ropo, that is SOOO frustrating, sorry yer going through this.

And...14 yrs ago today, a 10 lb, beautiful, blue-eyed bouncy baby boy entered my life (it's been chaos ever since :D ).

Happy birthday to your son!

Penta, I'm so glad the bator is working out, I REALLY hope your hatch is successful.

On another note, free ranging at dawn and dusk can be deadly. The predators are out in droves then.

Yup, I often wait till 9 or 10 am to let them all out.

Ok duck people. I need some help!

Looking for a duck that is a good layer and not so noisy!!

What do you recommend? 

My white scovy is apparently not what to go by, but i have a feeling she's hatchery...anyway...not such a good layer...but they're quiet...think the ones I got from beaglady are gonna be better layers.

LOL good layer and its the ONLY duck NOT NOISEY per Celtic Oak Farms

Yup, this!

Back
Top Bottom