Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

OH! And on the Roo. i have no idea what he is. He's a Barred feather legged handsome roo. Idk what to do with him. He is mild mannered (he didn't even bolt for the pictures) I did a practice blood draw for the CPT license field portion with no major fight and he is nice to the girls. I don't know what I should do with him. So you guys really think hes a cuckoo? The hen I had didn't have nearly as bright of coloring.

I'm still finding random chicken feathers blowing around in my garage! His feathers are my favorite! Did you frame your license yet???
cool.png

Congratulations Chad!
Okay-so I think the boy and girls are doing well. I am going to let them free range in the morning and see how that goes. I have anxiety that they are gonna run away! LOL!!

I think I am in love with Blarneys incubator. LOL!! Out of 24 I have 15 that are moving and viable, 3 I threw out to being non fertile and 6 are veining and not moving-so we will call them iffy eggs. I'm doing much better this hatch. I feel positive and my LED flashlight went through the darkest eggs. I feel like we are going to hatch out nicely this time. Keeping fingers crossed!

Last edited:
I think I am in love with Blarneys incubator. LOL!! Out of 24 I have 15 that are moving and viable, 3 I threw out to being non fertile and 6 are veining and not moving-so we will call them iffy eggs. I'm doing much better this hatch. I feel positive and my LED flashlight went through the darkest eggs. I feel like we are going to hatch out nicely this time. Keeping fingers crossed!

What day are they on Penta? Hope you have a WONDERFUL hatch.

I woke up to a new silkie baby this morning in the incubator. Nothing else has even pipped, but I guess she wanted out! So far she looks really light, too!

12 hours at three farm show. Lots of beautiful birds, great displays all over and picked up some information on lots of stuff.

And some wine.

Learned if you wear a kilt, "bazinga" t-shirt, and chicken hat, you get a lot of looks and comments.

If there aren't pictures, it didn't happen. Oops, I see you already covered this...

Ropo, that is SOOO frustrating, sorry yer going through this.

And...14 yrs ago today, a 10 lb, beautiful, blue-eyed bouncy baby boy entered my life (it's been chaos ever since :D ).

Last edited:
Wanted to pass along a little tidbit.... Don't give up on those eggs too early.

My silkies usually hatch on day 19. Someone on the silkie group just had her start to pip on the very end of day 23. Give them a little more time. If you temp fluctuates even slightly for just a little bit, it can delay your hatch.

Penta, I'm so glad the bator is working out, I REALLY hope your hatch is successful.

On another note, free ranging at dawn and dusk can be deadly. The predators are out in droves then.

Back
Top Bottom