Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Guess I won't get something for nothing here,,,,, never did answer,,, did you ? lol
    Thanks Blarney,,, made it up to the farm show this evening,,,, didn't like the Roo at all ! Hen....average
    Not you too ! you been hanging around with Missy ?
    Thanks for the offer Sally,,, but have a hatch going and ordered more eggs when you decided to keep them,,,,, pass 'em on to Mama
    Welcome aboard Bower !!! good to see another guy here........ Beware the estrogen levels around here ! Shhhh ! they're watching...... right Chad !

2. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    I noticed yesterday that most of the birds (chickens, ducks, and geese) were from the same few people. I kept seeing the same names over and over again. Is this how the farm show usually works? A few bring all of the birds?

3. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

I think it just reflects how few people show in the area at the moment, and especially how even fewer can and are willing to show at the farm show. It's not easy for someone to leave their birds there for an entire week and make sure they are taken care of,,,, by themselves or make arrangements for someone to do it for them.

Most poultry shows are just 2 or 3 days.

And, I'm sure it's hard on the birds,,, an entire week of stress !

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I know. When I saw the eggs, I knew I needed some chicks!!

5. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Welcome!!

6. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Welcome aboard! Berks/Lebanon Co here

7. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Hey there! Glad to see you joined us... pull up a chair, get a notebook and dive right in!

8. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Well, hope you all can bear with me while I do a little 'really cool moment' sharing...

We put cameras in the coop, one for general population and one on 'broody watch'... we figured out the motion sensor and record setups and finally tonight got the video I've been wanting to capture. Gracie doing her own broody hen temp and humidity control.

Watch her do her 'broody shuffle' at the end of the video... [​IMG]

this could be dangerous... I actually broke down and got a youtube account so I could post this video! I'm doomed!!! [​IMG]

9. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Yep!!!! High levels of estrogen doesn't even begin to cover it!

10. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Yay!! When you least expect it....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by