Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

i let shipped eggs sit, but i've put my own eggs straight into the bator. Temps and humidity, well, that's what counts most! Did you say what you're hatching and I missed it?

Welcome Bower!

2. wlrabbitry

wlrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome from Westmoreland County...

3. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

I was going to show there, but what got me was the temperature change, I thought if they were INSIDE the farm complex for 9-10 days (coop in on Friday, pick up following Sunday) and then back outside when they got home that they would all molt. The live vaccine required was a bit of a put off as well.

They feed and water your birds for you.

Delmarva is looking like a pretty big local show. It's coming up in March and I am IN!!

4. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    [​IMG]

5. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I know why I have been up since 5. Why the heck is everyone else awake so early?

6. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

You love all the attention, Ray.

I think alot of people stopped showing several years back when someone brought in sick birds and almost everyone had losses as a result of them not catching it before the show. I know they're much stricter now, but it's one of those once burned, twice shy things.

My poor birds would go insane...a week in a cage???

I don't blame you!

Awesome! Thanks!

The estrogen doesn't even begin to balance ya'lls.....

Cool...you going to the Maryland Small Flock Seminar?

Cause I have an appointment to pick out my wedding dress today.

7. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    The people who show have this process they go thru to bring home the chickens from the FS had a lady from my area tell me she would share the info with me if I ever wanted to show there but man I don't know if I could leave my chickens with all those crazy people. Saw too many people be arrogant and nasty to birds and I love my birds too much :(

8. eweaber

eweaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2012
    Lebanon PA
    What is a good breed to start with in this part of the US? I have a trio of bantams, that I got from an auction I am calling my "practice chickens". Trying to decide what breed to start a flock with. Thank You

9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    That depends on what you are wanting from your birds. Are you looking for meaties, eggs, good foragers, docile pet, show birds?

Insomnia. For years....

Tell me more!!!!

10. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    oh, and I wanted to say, if anyone else is interested in those pretty blue eggs (white LF Ameraucana) PM me and I will put you in touch with her. She ships chicks and eggs and is over by Erie.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by