Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Oh and be sure to get some Organic, Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar!

2. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    If you have dairy goats you don't have to milk them! If you just let the does raise their own kids you are fine. My absolute favorites are Lamanachas. They are docile and love love love attention. Big dogs, have had almost every breed of goat growing up and they are my favorite by a LONG shot. Pygmys are neat but they can get real bossy, don't know much about Nigerians though but when my dd is a little older I plan on getting her lamancahas! Just my 2 cents!

They have to either be blood tested or checked very very young! Don't want to mess with full sized male!! My ex boss has both whites and blacks and the blacks are my favs!! Love the babies they are too cute!!

3. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

We went with unmedicated here since we don't have much interaction with other birds or even much in the way of other foot traffic at our place. TSC has Purina/ Layena and DuMor chick starter, we didn't have troubles with either, but others on here have been feeding chicks a lot longer than us! MannaPro has a chick starter too, but I think their's is medicated.

Don't apologize for sticking to your guns and stating your case!
    (but then again, I can honestly say I've never been accused of being Politically Correct when it comes to me stating my opinions either! [​IMG] )

Edited to fix my Purina/Layena flub... I should know better than to try to remember names when I just got off of a 24 hr shift! <<insert head slap here>>

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  4. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Joining the APA is great! Join the ABC too, Ameraucana Breeders Association. http://www.ameraucana.org/

The thread is, https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...for-posting-pictures-and-discussing-our-birds

Post pics! I love seeing other peoples birds, no one on this thread seems to have them, they are my favorite. I am doing a lacing project for the blues. I have black, blue, and splash. I am very excited for breeding season. I have been hatching other people eggs since fall, all my birds are running together right now. I don't want to make chicks that I don't know the parentage this year. Wanna track faults and such.

5. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Welcome aboard.

I admit it, I really thought you said you were trying to hatch some Buff Orpingtons from your sister-in-law. Now I must clean the coffee off my monitor.

6. eweaber

eweaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2012
    Lebanon PA
    Does anybody put anything down in there run to help with the mud? Mulch, pine shavings, etc?

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Baym everyone is in the FB page now.... anyone want to be added... send me your name on FB and I can add ya! Its more private

9. chickencowranch

chickencowranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Mt Wolf, Pa
    My Coop
    Yes, there are. I believe you live in York. There are 3 4-H goat clubs. One is in Southern York co. The other 2 meet at the 4-H center. You can call the Penn State Extension office for more info.

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    gotcha!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by