Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. bower007

bower007 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2013
    Eastern PA
    With our first batch of chicks last year, we fed them medicated; this April when I get more chicks I'm going the unmedicated route too. I too want them as natural as possible; I also feed my hens organic feed from the local Agway.

1 person likes this.
  2. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

linda711...
    I did an edit on my earlier answer because of a brain cramp... we have used Layena (Purina) and DuMor Chick Starter (Tractor Supply) without issues... we prefer unmedicated also.
    MannaPro at TSC is medicated I believe, we've never used it, so can't comment on it otherwise.

3. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Stone dust, DER dust, driveway gritty stuff. It works great for mud, and crap mixed together while wet. Nice thoughts uh?

1 person likes this.
  4. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA

LOL, I didn't even catch that!

5. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    If you use the gamebird/showbird starter it is unmedicated. I use this in a pinch when I can't get my other feed.

I have geese. I don't want anything with medication in it. It will kill them. If they get to it somehow. That's also why I started to do injectable antibiotics. I know the bird is getting the meds, and it won't hurt my geese. I don't eat my chickens, I can't.

6. Does anyone sell golden laced Wyandotte chicks in Pa?? I live in northern PA an hr above Scranton. Can travel a little ways.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  7. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    How is it that I have NEVER heard of any of these places? Are you all Steelers fans? Please say it isn't so.
    Sally, you are amazing!! Thank you for this info! I, however, will never be NPIP unless PA finds a way to incorporate free rangers into the program.

Well said!!

8. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    It's way more than Private, it's 'secret'.

9. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    I just bought 2 from a woman in washington pa, 12.00 each very healthy girls,
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Sally has already visciously attacked me over there! Twice even!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by