Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    That is too funny.....[​IMG]

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

3. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] a few pics to help explain what I meant by 'people area' in previous post.... this is during construction, looking in front door of coop... coop is 12' wide, door is mid wall, as you enter the first 40" or so are people area, and then there is a framework covered with chicken wire to create coop area, there are hanging frames to seperate the coop into a left and right side, the frames are removable to make it one large coop if the seperate quarters aren't needed.
    [​IMG][​IMG]Left, hanging panels, right... coop doors during construction

View from inside of coop area out to 'people area' , notice the pup inspecting the work... nothing was done without chicken and pup inspections... with a few cat scans thrown in!
    [​IMG]Mindy is standing in what I call the 'people area', used for storage and feed bins, and now will be available as private Gracie and babies space... visible to rest of flock but not at risk... the broody box shown in post above is now in the spot to the left side of this pic.

sorry for hijacking the thread with a bunch of coop pics! [​IMG]

4. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

absolutely beautiful painting of the pups!

And so cute to see your little hen keeping you company... they are a lot more social than most folks give them credit for! adorable!

5. oletymer

May 29, 2012
    Dont be sorry , I like seeing other peoples set ups for ideas...[​IMG]

6. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

7. oletymer

May 29, 2012
    Here's my coop, they only sleep in it and free range in the day so there in and out all day long
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. LittleMissPurdy

WOW..[​IMG], great ideas. love the fact you can alter the space to your needs. this is really wonderful!...you can post as much as you want, that's what it's all about, sharing ideas[​IMG]

9. LittleMissPurdy

nice "bucket nests"!!!..I think Sally has curtains too..[​IMG]...looks like they have alot of room in there.
    Very nice paintings too, you have talent![​IMG]

10. oletymer

May 29, 2012
    Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by