Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

X 2 !!!

2. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]..you know..I can see him doing that...such a nice guy[​IMG]

3. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    here he is..haha, not at his most fluffy, but,yeah..my name is Danielle and I have a problem..[​IMG]..next, chicken sweaters..maybe I can get Sally to knit me one..

4. Ray from PA

I would have to say 21 full days,,they may pip on day 21,,, many times even longer, this last round didn't start until day 23, and I believe heather had a similar experience with her last round. took 3 days to get all out after the first one also. Would think a broody would take longer this time of the year too,,, the colder temps have to affect them too,,,, Just my opionion !

Higher temps can lead to an early hatch as well,,,, but you shouldn't run into that with a broody,,, not this time of the year at least.

Only Chad !!! good one ! how many OJ's tonight ????? and, where's mine, I have off tomorrow.

Without a doubt .....

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  5. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] This is keeping me from getting my paperwork done!! you folks are a bad influence! [​IMG]
    I have found WAY to much strange stuff... and danged if I still don't sit and go through 15 pages of it, just to see what else there is to it! Or if they have any pics? Anyone read the threads on testicles or see the contest threads on molting birds??? Geesh! [​IMG]
    OMG!!! So cute... but don't the other dogs make fun of him??? [​IMG]

6. fisherlady

23 days!!!! Oh, please, I hope not! Just our luck, our first broody and she picks the winter to do it so we get to worry longer!

but more seriously... thanks for the info, it shouldn't be this nerve wracking to let them do all the work! I'm sure our next one will be better. [​IMG]

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I dont knit silly I crochet! LMAO!! so cute!!!! He would look so good in an sea blue sweater!!

8. eweaber

eweaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2012
    Lebanon PA
    My wife got some edamame (soy beans) for a diet she is on. Can I feed the shells to my chickens? I know raw soy beans can be posinous to some animals, but these are cooked. Any input?

9. fisherlady

No... I'm sure you aren't biased! [​IMG]

Ohhhh... this broody taking longer thing is gonna drive us nuts!! So much for letting the hen do the work is easier on the people! [​IMG]

10. Ray from PA

She's doing the work,, let nature take it's course. How long does she have to go ? You probably aren't going to see the chicks often, they will tend to hide under her alot with the colder temps,,,, not sure how you have things set up,,, but you may want to give some thought to their water / drinking situation if they are staying outdoors after hatch,,,, just something to ponder.

Good luck with them, I love broodies with peeps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by