Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Orpington.

Not that I'm biased.

If I set on a Saturday, I hatch on a Saturday, not sure if that wold be 21 days or 22... And my broodys tend to take a bit longer.

2. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Sally, yer so silly. -Bobbie.

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    The average weight for my birds is anywhere from 10 lbs. to 12 lbs. The legs and breast are where your real meat will be. They grow VERY slowly but luckily, bad attitudes are just not usually seen in the standards. Females are usually around 7-8 lbs. With large females reaching 9 lbs.

Boy do they tend to be broody....I have two bantam white hens that are broody in the same nest right now. It is not a pleasant thing...

The bantams, to me, are a bit more cost-efficient in the meat department. For their size, they pack a LARGE body and lay exceptionally well. And as always, go broody!

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

5. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
  6. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    OMG![​IMG]

7. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    See I like FB better. Easier to follow the conversation over there for me because replies are posted directly under the original thread. To me here is is like reading a book alright... page 1, page 14, page 32, page 1 page 12.....

8. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]..I do not have fb...like someone said earlier, too many people that would want to "friend"you, plus most just want to be nosey....please say ya all aren't leaving this place..[​IMG] I've been so busy, & not feeling the greatest, just haven't had the time to keep on here like "normal"...will try to do better [​IMG],

*Ropo, congrats on your move, there is no place like home!..
    *Sally- glad to hear your makin' room for more "lovelies"[​IMG]...
    *.MC- I'm am sooo glad I'm not doin' your laundry!![​IMG]...I must check the pockets of everything at least twice, one too many tissues & chap sticks for me!!!....
    .**Missy- keep your chin up, things will get better and easier...they will [​IMG]

9. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Sounding better and better... I will do some more reading on them!

10. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    me also. like this better

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by