Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I am not the pushover parent I do have rules and I make things clear. I'm firm yet fun and consistent. I support them in their wants and dreams. Yep I let my kids dream and do what I can to help them in that.

BTW Missy it's good you popped on from the midst of all you have going on.

I like it better here than fb... Heather I think I just pmd you in fb!! uggg
I can't use fb at all when at work... so I couldn't participate for up to 72 hrs each week depending on my schedule (one week 48hrs, the next 72 and repeat)

I don't use facebook because of so many reasons, but I know other folks do like it... but my participation will continue here though.

anyone here with personal experience with chanteclers? They are on my 'narrowed down' list of birds that may work for us, but I don't see a lot of info on them on a day to day basis.
Big thing with us is personality... we love spending time messing with the birds, so friendly is important. They don't have to be lap chickens, just not snobby or snippy.

anyone here with personal experience with chanteclers? They are on my 'narrowed down' list of birds that may work for us, but I don't see a lot of info on them on a day to day basis.
Big thing with us is personality... we love spending time messing with the birds, so friendly is important. They don't have to be lap chickens, just not snobby or snippy.
You will definitely get the friendly with the Barred Rock.

Have you considered the regal Langshan??

:D

Just sayin'!

Have you considered the regal Langshan??

:D

Just sayin'!
I hadn't, but they do seem match much of what we are looking for also... what is the average weight for adult males and females? We cull to freezer camp when we get extras with bad attitudes etc... so we want to concentrate on birds with some good size and hopefully decent breast meat also.
I am glad to see they tend to be broody...we do like that also.

Question for all of you experienced hatchers.... days to hatch is 21.... I have heard that a thousand times.... but what I was hoping for clarification on is do you count the first day at all? I thought it was 21 full days, which to me would actually mean the following day.
Example, we gave eggs to Gracie on a Saturday, the 5th at about 5pm... 21 days by calendar would mean Saturday the 26th, but allowing for a 'full' day, I would expect hatch actually on Sunday afternoon??
Believe me, I hope I am wrong, because 21 days is seeming to take forever, but wanted to figure it out beforehand so I know when to start getting <more> nervous.

Back
Top Bottom