Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I got the most awesome app for my ipad! It is a data base for livestock, check it out, iLivestockMgr.

2. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

We will miss you Chica.

3. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Finding that forgotten egg in my pocket makes me smile.

I believe the thing that would help me most with my morning feed/water routine is a hook or plant hanger/bird feed holder where I could set things until I'm ready. I usually go out with my hands full carrying as much food and water rations as I am able (as I'm sure most of us do). The problem is when I set these things down to open a fence latch, that water spills out, OR Bella (LGD) eats the feed. Nope, she's not particular, LOVES chicken feed. Once I get IN the fence, same problem over again, just insert 'goat' where Bella's name is.

OK, added to chore list, take Bird Feeders down (they have been empty for years as per suggestions for better Poultry Biosecurity) and move to convenient locations near fence line.

4. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Awww, Missy, sorry to hear that the Seminar was a bust. Things ARE going to get better. We are thinking of you.

I can't believe I was stuck INSIDE in Jersey all day yesterday with that beautiful weather. I am hoping it's nice out today, got LOTS on my to do list. First up, walk the property with my fluffy white friend, as it is Sunday, I will not have to worry about hunters. YAY!!

5. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

What is it that you like most? and is it easy to use?

6. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Congrats on your kiddo wanting to move in with you, proof that you're a great parent (or very lenient LOL)
    Wonder if there's a matching app for the Kindle.
    What hunting is still going on?? I live in the sticks with state game land all around....and haven't heard any hunting lately. Watching the Canadian Geese out my mom's sunroom window is NOT the same as watching my chickens and ducks....I wanna go home!!!! Gonna try and pretend this is just a normal Sunday that I decided to come visit the family......we'll see how long that lasts.

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

8. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop

9. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    It has a section for everything you can imagine. You put a picture in the chickens "file". I have been losing leg bands. If I had a pic, it will help me identify the chicken to put the leg band back on, or a different number. Without having to lift up all the hens skirts to figure out which one it was, if I didn't find the band. I has miscellaneous section to put notes in, about breeding, egg color, possible genetic fault, etc........................... It is hard to track this stuff on a regular spread sheet. I can also, some day get leg bands with UPCs on them, and scan them into the ipad, iphone. I have a lot of chickens right now. I want to be able to manage them appropriately. I need to track reasons for keeping, selling, culling, and such. It also hooks up to icloud. So I can use my phone down at the barn to get the picks, put in the leg band number and such, then up at the house it will be on the ipad. Its magic!!!!!

10. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I also wanted to say about the app, that it is very easy to use. You have to create your own menus, and values for the data base. I can help anyone who doesn't get it, it took me a couple of hours to figure everything out, I don't like to read directions!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by