Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. PAchickengirl

PAchickengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2012
    Central Pennsylvania
    I like both :). As for the pockets, I need more too! I thought I was doing good taking a carton out to put them in, but I have to remember to bring it in, ten. I on purpose left it in the shed the other day, didn't think it was too cold, when I walked down to my MILs. Cleaned her house, came back, one of the ggs had cracked from the cold. Lesson learned, make the trek back to the house, even if I just set it inside the door!

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
  3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

4. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

question: when you guys have a broody hen, what do you usually "do" w/ her? do you give her eggs, put her in her own "box" to try to stop-her "broodiness? thank you- Danielle[​IMG]

5. LittleMissPurdy

[​IMG], another question...sorry, been reading weird stuff[​IMG]..Are we supposed to bath our birds? I know when they have "butt-issues" it's may be a good idea, but just wondering if this is something that is done on a "regular" basis? Once a month/ every other/ or once a year? [​IMG]
    thank you again-Danielle

6. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I've never bathed a chicken, and don't plan to start.[​IMG] I think bathing is mostly preparation for those who show. Mine live with deep litter, so if they start looking muddy, I add straw.

7. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Miss Purdy....I bathe them before I put them in their PJs and after they brush their beaks lol

1 person likes this.
  8. LittleMissPurdy

thanks, I've been reading some funny stuff, I think some have more time on their hands than they should..[​IMG], anyway, i didn't think that it was something done for regular-laying birds or yard birds...thought of the showing birds,know they need to clean. I was just curious if it was something "normal" to do...thanks again[​IMG]

9. LittleMissPurdy

omg chad, your funny..have you been in the oj again?...hey, speaking of "dressing" your pets...I must admit my pom has a small wardrobe...[​IMG]...but that doen't count cause he's my baby..haha[​IMG]

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    and he paints toenails too

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by