Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I rent the chicken out for $150/ 4 hr . Just saying.

2. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    Tractor suply sells the heated waterers...they work good No freezing at all...I just added another light to my coop its 20 degrees in there BRRRRR

3. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I packed the eaves of the coop with hay...lil buggers shoot themselves in the foot and pulled it out.

4. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    oletymer....Absolutely love your paintings! The detail is amazing. Was showing my GF and the one dog you did looks like hers.

5. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

My post will sound a lot like Sally's. I had to start my chicken's on Wazine today. All waterer's had to be completely thawed and emptied to put the medicated water in. I froze to them, they froze to the ground, 5 trips back into the house for hot water, slipping on ice from dumping hot water on the ground, and 1 1/2 hours later, all done, and the first waterer is freezing over again! Seriously, it is gonna be a long day![​IMG]

Good news, I candled last night, and have veining in at least 10 of the BLRW's, 2 of the EE's,& 3 of the Olive Eggers. None of my Seramas took though, so that was a bummer, but so happy about the rest. Gotta watch the bator today, woke up to it being 97 degrees. This house is so hard to keep heat in when it gets this cold.

[​IMG]Gonna say a prayer for everyone's chickens to make it safely through the next few days![​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

7. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Sorry to hear about the water woes... that sucks!
    Congrats on the candling, sorry about the Seramas, but the rest are sounding promising! [​IMG]
    Can you revert to childhood for a moment?... and maybe set up a 'blanket fort' around the incubator? Not too close to it, but just to act as a shield from cool drafts and to help provide another layer of protection so it slows down the convection heat loss from the outside of it? I guess since you don't have to fit 2 kids and a dog in it you could downsize to towels to do it! [​IMG]

8. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Very funny morning thanks to the chickens.
    First, I went to feed them, and they decided to not like the snow (probably the loud wind had them freaked). After a minute, a Partridge Rock flew out, and tried to land on me. The Partridges have never been cuddly, so that was pretty funny that she was that freaked.
    Then, I started cracking eggs onto the griddle until I found a fertilized egg. When I saw sperm in my food, I was happy.
    Coffee, my BR has been laying her eggs with a splash of cream (light eggs, with a swirly pattern at the end) and double yolks. The first one broke when DH went to flip it. He was so upset, he found another one of her eggs to eat. He just HAD to have a double yolk!
    Then the dog wanted an egg. I gave him one of mine after I had eaten the yolk. He is standing there eating, and DH moved his foot. HIS dog growled at him! When I moved, the dog backed up, and sat there waiting for me to tell him to "go ahead" and finish eating!![​IMG]

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    why wazine?

10. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    My wife just secured our Livestock Guardian Dog. Look at the incredible presence of this beast:

[​IMG]

Be forewarned birds of prey, this vile creature has a foul temper and nasty big pointy teeth!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by