Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

He's adorable!! But he needs a spiked collar and leather coat before I believe the big pointy teeth claim!! [​IMG]

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

3. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    yeah, but can you break my roos to work? i could have a two roo team[​IMG]

4. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I'll train them to pull a carriage lol

5. fisherlady

[​IMG]Anytime I think I am getting important or anything like that I just spend some time around my cats or dogs... they remind me quickly how wrong I am! [​IMG]

6. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I hate dealing with water in cold weather too. These buckets http://www.tractorsupply.com/fortex-calf-mate-calf-feeder-2-gal-capacity-black-2171247 help a lot. Right now I don't have electric out at my chicken area, so I have to make do.

These buckets might be too big for bantams, but are perfect for ducks, turkeys and large fowl. They flex, so you can break the top ice crust with a well-aimed boot heel. If they end up being partially frozen, but too hard to break the crust, just turn them over and stomp on the bottom to knock the ice loose. Helps relieve the frustration of having to mess with ice, lol. Cussing is optional, but seems to improve my aim. If they get waaaay to hard frozen, turn them over and let them sit in a sunny spot for the rest of the day. The ice will come out in a big chunk that can be used for igloo building. Not really, but I always end up with multiple bucket-shaped ice blocks around my chicken yard, and they make me think of igloos. I guess I'm easily entertained. [​IMG]

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I know, bowls are perfect for my fermented feed too!! and yes it freezes but there shouldnt be any left over.... my chickens are now down less than half what they were eating a week and half ago... chicks still eat well but even they are slowing down on feed!!! YAY!!

8. fisherlady

[​IMG]Now would any of us nice little ladies actually swear at inanimate objects!??? [​IMG]

9. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Saturday, my D'Uccle hen pooped a disgusting pile of round worms out right in front of me (Thank God, I guess). My local feed store is The Mill, so I got on line, did research, and decided I wanted the Ivermectin Pour On. Ran to the store that was about to close for the weekend, grabbed the Ivermectin, got home and realized I had bought the Oral Sheep Drench. So, the poor chickens had to wait the weekend. Yesterday I went back and they didn't have what I wanted, but had the Wazine, so I grabbed that. I had to start today because I felt bad that they had to wait this long.

10. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sent a shiver right down my spine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by