Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

DH found my missing SLW in the crawl space under the main coop. Off to chicken heaven, no more cold for her.
hmm.png
So sorry!
hugs.gif

Okay, we are having some problems here. I have chicks that are just not making it. They hatched last weekend. I have lost over half of them. I have never had this happen before.

First of all, I want to say the chicks were not very vigorous. I had to show them multiple times how to drink get water. I put the food on top of the paper towels just like I always do.

Then I started noticing some kind of walked up on there tip toes, while others started to bend backwards. I told my Mom that is looks like we are having chick exorcisms! Its like they are having some kind of nerve disorder, or muscle spasms.

I don't know, but I cried. I had to put some of them down. It just seemed more humane then watching them flop around.

These where not my eggs, they were shipped eggs. Maybe there was a vitamin defincancy or who knows. That's why I feed my chickens like breeders, not just egg producers.

Okay, we are having some problems here. I have chicks that are just not making it. They hatched last weekend. I have lost over half of them. I have never had this happen before.

These where not my eggs, they were shipped eggs. Maybe there was a vitamin defincancy or who knows. That's why I feed my chickens like breeders, not just egg producers.
So sorry heatherscooby! that is so rough after you hatched them out!

Can you contact whoever you got them from to see if there is a problem at the source? So many things that can go wrong in the genetics and such....

I am awaaaaaaaaake!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif

Is anybody there? Hellooooooooo?
Bad idea going to bed at six(ish). I have a headache, and am now too awake to go back to sleep. Maybe I will go outside, and have a big fire. See what the chickens are doing. Do you think they will attack me for waking them?
lau.gif

O kay. I will try to go to bed. BYE!!!!!! Hope everyone is sleeping well!
frow.gif

I am awaaaaaaaaake!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif

Is anybody there? Hellooooooooo?
Bad idea going to bed at six(ish). I have a headache, and am now too awake to go back to sleep. Maybe I will go outside, and have a big fire. See what the chickens are doing. Do you think they will attack me for waking them?
lau.gif

O kay. I will try to go to bed. BYE!!!!!! Hope everyone is sleeping well!
frow.gif

Im wide awake too, starting get a cold ,went to bed early 9ish and now the roosters are crowing and the dogs are barking , something must be out side in there area, Roosters are like dogs in a sense..they sound off if somethings different in there space,
rant.gif

I just pulled out the rest of the Free eggs I got from a mail order mix up , I think refrigerating them did them in ,they never veined and a few had issues with the air sac being detached in areas, oh well it was a try, 11 of my own eggs go into lock down tomarrow , Monday or tuesday well have chirping in the house, I love seeing the first pip then I get excited and keep checking on them,

Back
Top Bottom