Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Ok, need more advice please.... The chicken with the impacted crop again, crop feels good now but she's just not eating! She's drinking fine. I've since brought her inside in a cage so that I could watch her. Tail is down, eyes and breathing normal. She picks around inside cage a bit. Is cleaning her feathers and acting normal. Doesn't poop much but has pooped (of course she isn't really eating) I've given her oatmeal - didn't eat and also some bread which she normally loves but has only picked at it a little. Her stool is small and dark. Any thoughts or advice for what could be wrong? Thanks!
Michele

Oh crud Michelle, I'm not sure, was going to suggest oatmeal, but you've done that. Mine will always eat meal worms. I hope she's ok.

Mine will always eat scrambled eggs, every time! I know some people are weird about it, but occasionally when I am over run with eggs, I'll throw all of the older ones in the frying pan and make a huge omelet.

True story, DH walks in the house, and I called him my biker husband. He asked why I called him a biker?
ep.gif
The walk, the talk, the H-D boots and T-shirt? Maybe the leather, the hair and beard? Maybe, just MAYBE the motorcycle?

He sounds like my Dad, but throw in the HD dewrag. I just named my main Lavender Orp. Roo, Harley in honor of him.

I can't get her to eat more than a couple bites of spaghetti noodles.... won't eat the scrambled egg, oatmeal, bread or her regular food, scratch, nothing! she's having clear stools now.... kinda lethargic, feathers around her neck are kinda thin, but it looks like new ones growing. (maybe the others picked at her before I separated her?) I'm really worried about her. she spends a lot of time standing with her tail down, eyes open mostly but she does close them from time to time. anyone have any thoughts or advice? Thanks!

I can't get her to eat more than a couple bites of spaghetti noodles.... won't eat the scrambled egg, oatmeal, bread or her regular food, scratch, nothing! she's having clear stools now.... kinda lethargic, feathers around her neck are kinda thin, but it looks like new ones growing. (maybe the others picked at her before I separated her?) I'm really worried about her. she spends a lot of time standing with her tail down, eyes open mostly but she does close them from time to time. anyone have any thoughts or advice? Thanks!

Have you tried posting in the Emergencies/Diseases Injuries and Cures Section? It's certainly worth giving it a shot. My knowledge is very limited on ailments LOL! I'm learning as I go.

heatherscooby,

Do you have any Nutri-Drench there? For ynthrifty chicks you can give them a squirt of it into their drinking water. Gives some much needed vitamins, minerals and energy, love that stuff!

CHAD lookey here, I am not the only one who likes things to look nice!! scroll the page, there are three on it!!! he he he Loving the heart nest box though.... will you make me a double one chad????

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ngenous-design-post-it-here/170#post_10321950

I just looked at every page, loved it. Really loved the cottage coop, the heart box was awesome, and it occurs that my DH is a builder, hmmm.. BUT the best were the cubicles on page 10 with all of the names on them. I just loved the lady's reasoning for it! Great thread, wish I had any boxes cool enough to post.

My husband and his friends got together this past week. Everyone is ticked about the cold snap. We can ride (carefully) as long as the roads are dry. You just have to watch for the anti-skid. Anyway, no riding in these temps, so they hung out here for a while.
gig.gif
..let me guess, your DH is the one looking-up!!!..sweet!!..Hope your your headache goes away.
**Sally..awesome pics of the "grow-out"coop! And the dog looks just like Mr. Fudd , we miss him- he was quite the character!
wink.png
...great info. on the meds! thank you!
**Heather- wow,
hugs.gif
I'm so sorry to hear your babies are having such an aweful issue, definately would contact the people they came from!..Hope the situation gets better for them and you.
** I hope everyones chicken issues get resolved without anymore losses...man, is it ever cold out there!...making rethink the whole coop set-up, maybe need to add some kind of insulation?!

Back
Top Bottom