Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

I know I'm way-behind on this,[​IMG]..still trying to "catch-up"...I remember thinking when these things first came out" yeah right and at the first sign of a hairball they turn the other way!", guess enough people have had good results w/ them. I just keep wondering if they use tons of batteries and/or do they have a docking/recharging ability?..one of those would be nice, we have hardwood floors/ area rug. okay-I'm done[​IMG]

2. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Have you soaked her in a warm bath? She could be egg bound. Stick you ear on her back and listen to her breathing. You want to hear a noise that sounds like bellows. If you hear the slightest crackle, rail, or any funky wet noises, go to Tractor supply and get her an antibiotic called Tylan. Give her 1/2 cc per 5 lbs of body weight, orally. You buy the injectable, you will need needles and syringes to get it out of the bottle. Then you take the needle off of the end and use the syringe to put it in her mouth a couple of drops at a time. If you do injects by all means go ahead and do that. Giving the medicine orally, give it every other day for 10 days. If you do the injections you can do 2 doses 3 days apart.

3. LittleMissPurdy

what do you do if it is egg bound, besides warm soak?..vet? or do you try to "release"?....curious, ok-that was dumb..egg might break..idk

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
  5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
  6. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Hey guys [​IMG] OP's back, after a long hibernation! shocked to see this used to be little thread exploded [​IMG] awesome job PA!!! Hope everyone is surviving well, it's quite chilly down here in my little corner but I imagine it's worse in the north

7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    We have a map and all now!! and Missy is acting secretary LOL and we have a secret FB group!!

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...PA Unite MAP&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13590678619032

9. LittleMissPurdy

10. MButerbaugh

MButerbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    I actually thought that may be the problem as well, (guess I left that part out - sorry!) [​IMG] soaked her last night, she was not impressed.... LOL but there was no egg to be found... I had a chicken that was egg bound once before and it actually acted a little differently... you could actually see her butt and vent "pulse" she stayed squatted lower to the ground and looked like she was gonna fall over exhausted.... this one just looks like she's doing nothing, sleepy at times but not always - she has periods where she perks up, but then sleeps again. I'm hoping we've turned the corner here, she's preening herself, and has eaten some, not close to normal yet but definately better than before! [​IMG]
    Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by