Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

ah-yeah...I'll just keep the swiffer going.. thank you!..thought, maybe the price would have come down on these things..guess not..
    ***MButer..have heard that sometimes they can have a problem if they ingest straw, but not knowledgeable about the hay. Hope things continue to improve for you.[​IMG]
    *** maybe I should get a FB...must be missin'-out on things...[​IMG]

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I am North Berks you south?

3. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    I'm very east central, slightly south. I live near boyertown/pottstown/oley

4. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    You don't have to get a FB account, just sign up one of your chickens, that's what I did.

5. they'reHISchickens

they'reHISchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Reading
    Waves Hi to Blackbird... northern Berks Cabellas area here.
    Is there poultry 4H in Berks? You don't happen to attend BASD, do you? My girlfriend has a son who will only eat our green eggs. He goes to BASD.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  6. LeBlackbird

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Well, in any sense, I have something to throw out there [​IMG] I have a small, year old Pearl guinea hen who I've been itching to re-home for a while now. She's alone and she's a bit tempermental so she can't stay here. If absolutely anyone wants her, by all means, let me know asap

7. LeBlackbird

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    I attend a club in Montgomery [​IMG] Hi! I do actually, who might he be? I doubt I know him though. Green eggs? Do you have easter eggers or Ameraucanas? Araucanas?

8. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    They plug into the wall and yes they do help but w 2 kids under 4, a Pitt bull, and 3 cats I still have to do a real vacuum too. But it does save time!
    Where in Berks county, I'm in the Morgantown area!!

9. LeBlackbird

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Brownie, I'm in the boyertown/oley area [​IMG]

10. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Some believe that hay and straw eating can lead to impacted and / or sour crop issues,,,, I have used both and never had issues,,, but, a possibility I guess. Recently did have a roo that was definitely very off,,,, coouldn't crow and made some strange noises, odd breathing and wouldn't eat either. Figured I'd lose him, so I ran some olive oil down his throat to help him pass anything that might be stuck,,,, sure enough, the next day he was like nothing was ever wrong,,,,, eating, crowing,,, and breeding as soon as he was returned to the hens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by